Author Topic: Rush: Why Does Trump Hire the Likes of Cohen and Omarosa?  (Read 570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Why Does Trump Hire the Likes of Cohen and Omarosa?
« on: August 22, 2018, 09:04:30 pm »

Why Does Trump Hire the Likes of Cohen and Omarosa?

Aug 22, 2018

RUSH: This is John. Brooksville, Florida. I’m glad you waited, sir. Hi.

CALLER: Thank you. Well worth the wait. I talked to you before, had the pleasure before. Alls I gotta say, that lady’s crazy. But, anyway, what I called about, I was listening to your show when you were talking about Mr. Cohen and Omarosa and Manafort and all the baggage that was known about and any prosecutor could go after them, it begs the question: Why in the world would Trump have anybody with that kind of background get anywhere close to him just for the reason that he’s dealing with now? Can you comment on that?

RUSH: Yeah, I can. Let me repeat something that I said early on about this because some of the early staffing moves really puzzled me. I’ll just be honest, I have no idea what in the name of Sam Hill Omarosa was doing in Trump’s administration. I couldn’t get the commingling of stars from The Apprentice with — not the campaign. I’m talking the administration.

Now, Manafort and Cohen and some of these, they were never part of Trump’s administration. This is something to keep in mind. They were part of the campaign. Cohen never was. Cohen was never part of anything. Manafort was for just a little over three months, for, like, a hundred days. But there were some other staffing decisions that Trump made. I don’t want to name any names. They’re gone now.

But I ask you to think of something. And I’ll run this by you again, John. Imagine you, you run for president, and you win. It’s pretty much what Trump did. Trump does not come from a political career or lifestyle. Over the course of his life, the greatest contact Trump has had with politicians is donating to them. But his circle of friends does not include people that went to Ivy League schools that have been trained to be diplomats and bureaucrats. So he’s like you or me.

I’ll use myself. If I ran for president — and I know millions of you think I should — if I’m elected, the night that I’m elected, I can tell you honestly I do not know enough people to fill out my cabinet. I do not know enough people personally that I think would be qualified to be put in the cabinet. I’d have to ask for advice. This is where I would need advisers.

You’re frowning at me. You think I’m wrong about — (interruption) Well, okay. Look, I could put my childhood friends in Cape Girardeau in charge of the agriculture department, right, because we had to drive through farms to go to school, okay? I’m trying to be honest with you. I do not know — like George H. W. Bush, he knew all those guys. He knew Mosbacher at Commerce. He knew James A. Baker. He’d spent his life at the CIA, the United Nations. He was an establishment guy. Those people all know each other. I wouldn’t — attorney general? Who am I gonna go get? Who do I know that could be attorney general? My brother. Okay, put my brother in there. Maybe I’ll hire Mark Levin. He’d be good. He’d be a good attorney general.

Now, you go down the list, I’m just trying to tell you that most of us, if we were elected president as outsiders, not denizens of the Washington establishment, you and I do not know people — maybe you do, but I’m just trying to tell you, when it comes to filling out — and that’s just the cabinet. Let’s go to national security adviser now and let’s go over to all these other administration executive branch appointed positions.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/08/22/why-does-trump-hire-the-likes-of-cohen-and-omarosa/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34