Author Topic: Cabela's in lawsuit crosshairs  (Read 1861 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Cabela's in lawsuit crosshairs
« on: August 22, 2018, 01:19:25 pm »
WacoTrib By TOMMY WITHERSPOON 8/21/2018

---The lawsuit claims Kuykendall was at Cabela’s, 2700 Marketplace Drive, in September 2016 and asked to try out a crossbow with a scope.

Kuykendall told the employee, called “Austin” in the lawsuit, that she had never shot a crossbow.

“In the range, as Ms. Kuykendall shot the bow for the first time, the bow recoiled and the equipped scope hit her left eye, causing her to scream in pain,” according to the lawsuit. “In response to Ms. Kuykendall’s screams, ‘Austin’ began to laugh and asked if Ms. Kuykendall would like to shoot the bow again.”---

More: https://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/cabela-s-in-lawsuit-crosshairs/article_fd03d183-ace8-506c-a4e5-ac664c213c1b.html

Offline Idiot

Re: Cabela's in lawsuit crosshairs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:26:59 pm »
Oh good grief....  Does anyone have any personal responsibility anymore?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:44 pm »
Oh good grief....  Does anyone have any personal responsibility anymore?

Not surprisingly based on this women's actions....The CT scan reviled nothing.

I didn't know Bass owned Cabela's.  No wonder the CS is so shitty.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 03:31:02 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

I bet she learned fast...lol. 

I learned fast how not to hold a revolver.  Thank goodness it was only a .22.  I had used 2 hands and had my left hand near the cylinder.  If it would have been a .45, it probably would have burned to the bone.  Sure learned to NEVER do that again. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:23:03 pm »

I learned fast how not to hold a revolver.  Thank goodness it was only a .22.  I had used 2 hands and had my left hand near the cylinder.  If it would have been a .45, it probably would have burned to the bone.  Sure learned to NEVER do that again.

Holy crap.  I thought I was the only one that ever happened to.  It hurt like hell but I couldn't let on for fear my buddies would never let me forget it.  I quickly handed the .22 to my buddy and said I had to take a leak......
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:18 pm »

I was shooting with a shipmate. He brought out a .32 cal cap & ball revolver. When he pulled the hammer back the cylinder froze about half way to the next chamber. Of course I volunteered to help. I grabbed that cylinder and rotated it around. When the next chamber lined up it fired with my hand still tightly gripping. I ended up with a black stripe of burnt powder embedded in my palm.