Author Topic: GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter, wife indicted for allegedly misusing campaign funds  (Read 3117 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Not sure these charges are true, but this guy used to be a Freeper favorite.  If true, it just goes to show that even conservatives can bend to temptation.

I suspect you're thinking of his father.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I suspect you're thinking of his father.

I think you are right.  I forgot about his son.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan removes GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter from committee assignments following indictment
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/402951-ryan-removes-gop-rep-from-committee-assignments-following-indictment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Why thank you.

You mused about the first salvo.... and this has possibly more to do with ensuring the Midterms go Democrat than a direct challenge to Trump.

Mueller and the Manafort convictions today will go a long way towards speeding that track of the velvet coup along on it's own.

How do we know all of DC has not been politically weaponized by the Clintons and Obama and the Marxists?  Taking it all down via setting public examples to affect political outcomes is what we are witnessing I think.  I mean it baffled me why it was, with all the evidence we little people discovered about everyone from Lois Lerner to Benghazi to the E-mail server, that the Republicans REFUSED to push those issues beyond empty kabuki theater hearings without so much as a slap on the wrist for any of them.

Maybe they were told point-blank what the end game was and given a choice: be part of the New Order, or get wiped out by it.  All of this maybe the very nasty examples they are showcasing to everyone.

And a climate of fear and/or retribution ensues - and we enter territory NONE of us are mentally prepared to deal with.

@INVAR

We've both spoken out on these forums that they were too much alike,you more than I.
I've often wondered "why"?
The obvious answer was power, but even that left me not 100% convinced that was all.
Fear is also a powerful motivator, and not just fear of losing power, but fear of being exposed.
These 2 factors, I think are the combination that keeps real change, back to what we all want, a constitutionally representative republic, from becoming a reality.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:00:58 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fear is also a powerful motivator, and not just fear of losing power, but fear of being exposed.
These 2 factors, I think are the combination that keeps real change, back to what we all want, a constitutionally representative republic, from becoming a reality.

I think those days are long gone and past. 

Adams' letter to Abigail on July 7, 1775 will ultimately be seen as pointedly prophetic in regards to liberty lost.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

I think those days are long gone and past. 

Adams' letter to Abigail on July 7, 1775 will ultimately be seen as pointedly prophetic in regards to liberty lost.

Indeed,"Liberty once lost is lost forever".

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/duncan-hunter-endorses-donald-trump-219725

Trump lands his first congressional endorsements

By NICK GASS

02/24/2016 10:59 AM EST

Donald Trump finally has official supporters in Congress.

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) told POLITICO on Wednesday that he will support Trump for the Republican nomination, making him one of the first members of Congress to express public support for the Manhattan businessman who is the prohibitive front-runner after his victory in Tuesday's Nevada caucuses.

Also on Wednesday, Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) told The Buffalo News that he is backing Trump, saying he has the "guts and fortitude" to get jobs back from China and to take on foreign threats such as the Islamic State and North Korea.

President Trump's next congressional endorsement was future AG Jeff Sessions.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/duncan-hunter-endorses-donald-trump-219725

President Trump's next congressional endorsement was future AG Jeff Sessions.

So are you saying these endorsements are part of some insidious and nefarious web of corruption surrounding Trump, caused and cultivated by Trump for his own dark designs?
The Republic is lost.

So are you saying these endorsements are part of some insidious and nefarious web of corruption surrounding Trump, caused and cultivated by Trump for his own dark designs?
No.  Just an interesting coincidence. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@Once-Ler, do you have a link for that?  Did they pay those back as indicated they should or not?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah but this isn't some bullshit mistake. The guy was taking luxury vacations with money that is clearly not for that purpose. If he wanted to live a high life like this he should have gotten a GD real job.

Yep. This wasn't something like not stopping properly at a red light or something. Read what he did, it was clearly wrong.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hey. It's always the wife.
That's what the allegations I've seen suggest: the wife was the mastermind.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's what the allegations I've seen suggest: the wife was the mastermind.

I tried to tell them.  Did they listen?  Nope. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Thanks.

If they really did this, it was remarkably stupid.

That much is true. That it is so remarkably stupid is why I am so skeptical.
This smells the same as what happened to Tom Delay, who did in time clear his name... But far too late for his career.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He's also a combat marine with two tours in Iraq and a tour in Afghanistan.
That don't rub off easy. He's also a hard core, rock ribbed Conservative, just like his daddy... That don't rub off either.

You can indict a ham sandwich. He is a man of honor, and until I see proof, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes, the ham sandwich has some explaining to do, but may be entirely innocent.  See Mama Cass.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.