Author Topic: Collins: Kavanaugh considers Roe v. Wade 'settled law'  (Read 744 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins: Kavanaugh considers Roe v. Wade 'settled law'
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »
Collins: Kavanaugh considers Roe v. Wade 'settled law'
By Jordain Carney - 08/21/18 01:28 PM EDT

GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) said Tuesday that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh assured her during their meeting he believes Roe v Wade is “settled law."

“We talked about whether he considered Roe to be settled law. And he said that agreed with what Justice [John] Roberts said at his nomination hearing, at which he said that it was settled law,” Collins told reporters.

Her comments come after she had a roughly two-hour, closed-door meeting with Kavanaugh, making it one of his longest one-on-one sit downs.

Collins is one of the final GOP senators to meet with Trump’s Supreme Court pick and is widely considered to be a potential swing vote because she’s broken with her party on healthcare- and abortion-related issues.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/402857-collins-kavanaugh-considers-roe-v-wade-settled-law
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Collins: Kavanaugh considers Roe v. Wade 'settled law'
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:12:09 pm »
This just confirms our suspicions about Kavanaugh.  Trump said he would nominate pro-life judges, but it didn't happen this time.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »
Very disappointing
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
This just confirms our suspicions about Kavanaugh.  Trump said he would nominate pro-life judges, but it didn't happen this time.

Yep, sounds like we are strapped with Planned Parenthood for the long haul.  Billions of dollars.  Taxpayers forced to support the baby parts business.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »
Disappointed, yes, but not surprising.
Now that we have a conservative majority on the court (so called), I would suspect that we may see it tinkered with around the edges, such as:

No partial birth abortions.
No abortions past__ weeks.
No minors allowed abortions without parental consent.
Abortion providers required to meet the standards of other healthcare facilities.
etc...

Sad to say, even with a conservative court, I don't hold out hope of it ever being overturned 100%, at this point.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 07:12:37 pm »
Disappointed, yes, but not surprising.
Now that we have a conservative majority on the court (so called), I would suspect that we may see it tinkered with around the edges, such as:

No partial birth abortions.
No abortions past__ weeks.
No minors allowed abortions without parental consent.
Abortion providers required to meet the standards of other healthcare facilities.
etc...

Sad to say, even with a conservative court, I don't hold out hope of it ever being overturned 100%, at this point.

We can hope but that is pure speculation.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 07:17:16 pm »
Everything is "settled law" until it isn't.

I wouldn't get my bowels in an uproar over this.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »
We can hope but that is pure speculation.

You are right, just my thoughts, I have no way of knowing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:24:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 07:22:37 pm »
The same kind of insistence that says ObamaCare is 'settled' legislation.  Permanent.

Like all entitlements.  The closest thing to eternal life we will see on this earth.

If the Civil War was The Lord's Judgment on the nation for the sin of slavery - then we should all be quaking in our boots over the cost He will require of us for the sin of infanticide we have accepted, considering that innocent blood cries out from the ground to Him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 07:39:27 pm »
You are right, just my thoughts, I have no way of knowing.

Sorry to be a downer but it is the same with many of the promises.  Instead of concentrating on saving babies and securing the border we are still stuck on Russia.