Author Topic: 5 Surprising Signs You May Have Anxiety  (Read 347 times)

rangerrebew

5 Surprising Signs You May Have Anxiety
« on: August 21, 2018, 03:35:11 pm »
5 Surprising Signs You May Have Anxiety

It's not all panic attacks and irrational fears.
By Anna Medaris Miller, Staff Writer Aug. 20, 2018, at 11:32 a.m.

Marla Genova had resigned herself to a career in dry cleaning. The then-teenager couldn't imagine doing anything less isolating or mundane than what she did at that post-high school job: sitting at the dry cleaner's, mostly alone, until the one time each day the clothes were delivered. "Basically, I just sat there," says Genova, who's now 40 and lives in Bristol, Connecticut. "I could have seen myself sitting there forever."

Genova may have looked apathetic, unambitious or even unintelligent, but what she really was was anxious. She didn't receive an official diagnosis – social anxiety disorder – until she was screened for anxiety during an awareness event at college, even though she'd always known something was wrong. Soon after the diagnosis, she enrolled in a social phobia group research study that taught cognitive behavioral therapy. There, Genova began trusting she could do a lot more with her life than sit.

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/mind/articles/2018-08-20/5-surprising-signs-you-may-have-anxiety