Author Topic: Rush: McGahn Illustrates Why You Don’t Hire from the Swamp  (Read 381 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

McGahn Illustrates Why You Don’t Hire from the Swamp

Aug 20, 2018

RUSH: The other big news over the weekend was or is that one of the early members of Trump’s White House legal team, Don McGahn, has spoken for 30 hours to the special counsel. Thirty hours. And ostensibly the White House doesn’t know what McGahn said. And, of course, what is going on here? It’s a big, long New York Times story, and what they’re trying to do is get Trump on obstruction.

The point of the story is they want us to believe that Trump was trying to fire Mueller, but that McGahn was heroically stepping in at each moment Trump wanted to do this and stopping him from doing it. And they’re trying to then say that Trump wanting to fire Mueller is the same thing as Trump firing Mueller. And that then equals obstruction. The problem is, Trump has not fired Mueller, Trump has not obstructed, and he probably couldn’t be guilty of obstructing anyway because he would be doing nothing more than carrying out presidential prerogatives.

But the point of that story in the New York Times, when you strip it all away, they want you to believe that Trump was trying — There is no trying! You run the executive branch. You’re president, how do you try? How do you try to fire Mueller? Somebody explain this to me. How do I try to do show prep every day? I don’t try. I do it! It’s not like I come in here, “Yeah. I was trying to do show prep, but the phone kept ringing. Yeah, I was trying to do show prep, but Snerdley came in and heroically prevented me from doing it.” What is this? You either do it or you don’t. There’s no presidential trying to fire anybody.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/08/20/mcgahn-illustrates-why-you-dont-hire-from-the-swamp/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34