Author Topic: Ted Cruz: From #NeverTrump to Begging for the President's Attention in 7 Steps  (Read 1102 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Dallas Observer ›
Ted Cruz: From #NeverTrump to Begging for the President's Attention in 7 Steps
Stephen Young August 20, 2018

As Trump and Cruz continue to maintain their unlikely peace, let's take a look at the winding path that's led them here.

1. Cruz and Trump's relationship actually started out amicably. — In the very early days of the 2016 campaign, Cruz actually did his best to stay out of the Trump steamroller's way.

After NBC and Univision cut Trump from the reality show he created, The Apprentice, Cruz came to his opponent's defense during the summer of 2015.

more
https://outline.com/CxSFJb
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Driving a wedge between Cruz and Trump as between Trump and everyone. Trying to isolate Trump to make him as alone as a Nixon.

Offline thackney

Driving a wedge between Cruz and Trump as between Trump and everyone. Trying to isolate Trump to make him as alone as a Nixon.

Not to mention trying to isolate Cruz from Trump supporters as his Senate election draws closer.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not to mention trying to isolate Cruz from Trump supporters as his Senate election draws closer.

Agree ... this is the number one goal.

It's why I'm hoping that someone on the Cruz team has reached out to the Trump team to schedule something together in Texas.  My fear is this isn't happening and that statement from Cruz "we'd love to have the President visit Texas" will cost him his seat because the Cruz v Trump v Trump v Cruz primary fight will flare like it 2015/16 all over again. 

Get these two boys together for a backslapping rally and it won't matter what this article says---or tries to do.   happy77

Offline GrouchoTex

Yep, I agree.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, that doesn't make Trump look very good.  I'd forgotten much of that.

Offline Night Hides Not

I think it's safe to say that the Dallas Observer is no friend of Trump or Cruz.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline thackney

Agree ... this is the number one goal.

It's why I'm hoping that someone on the Cruz team has reached out to the Trump team to schedule something together in Texas.  My fear is this isn't happening and that statement from Cruz "we'd love to have the President visit Texas" will cost him his seat because the Cruz v Trump v Trump v Cruz primary fight will flare like it 2015/16 all over again. 

Get these two boys together for a backslapping rally and it won't matter what this article says---or tries to do.   happy77

Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-asks-Trump-to-campaign-for-him-13138353.php
August 7, 2018

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-asks-Trump-to-campaign-for-him-13138353.php
August 7, 2018

Yes, I know this @thackney   And it's a good first step, but not enough.

Someone in the Cruz campaign needs to pick up a phone and coordinate this with the President's people.  If the Cruz campaign doesn't do this, then the campaign is not serious about it and the Senator was just flapping his gums.

And if the Cruz campaign is serious about wanting the President's help, they shouldn't wait too long to get on the President's calendar.  The President's already booked dozens of campaign events.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:45:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

Someone in the Cruz campaign needs to pick up a phone and coordinate this with the President's people.  If the Cruz campaign doesn't do this, then the campaign is not serious about it and the Senator was just flapping his gums.

And if the Cruz campaign is serious about wanting the President's help, they shouldn't wait too long to get on the President's calendar.  The President's already booked dozens of campaign events.

Translation: BEG
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

Conjecture.

Trump has been asked, he may or may not have responded.
Placing whatever conversations they may or may not have had, with one or the other doing too much or not enough, on one party or the other involved, is pure.........

Conjecture.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:14:44 pm by GrouchoTex »