Author Topic: China’s Illicit Opioids a ‘Form of Undeclared War’  (Read 351 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
China’s Illicit Opioids a ‘Form of Undeclared War’
Expert says China is using drug trade to destroy America
By Charlotte Cuthbertson
August 19, 2018 Last Updated: August 19, 2018

Local police and paramedics administer opioid-blocker Narcan to revive a man who is overdosing in the Drexel neighborhood of Dayton, Ohio, on Aug. 3, 2017. Benjamin Chasteen/The Epoch Times

WASHINGTON—The illicit opioids being manufactured in China and shipped to the United States are “almost a form of warfare,” President Donald Trump said at a cabinet meeting on Aug. 16.

“In China, you have some pretty big companies sending that garbage and killing our people,”
Trump said.

More than 71,500 Americans died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to provisional data released Aug. 15 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At least 68 percent of those deaths can be attributed to opioids.

Continued at:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/chinas-illicit-opioids-a-form-of-undeclared-war_2627990.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: China’s Illicit Opioids a ‘Form of Undeclared War’
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:52:24 am »
People say this about Mexico bringing heroin in.

There is a novel called "Red Winter, White Snow" where drug sellers in general bring foreign narcotics in to hurt the USA.

I followed some conversation where it was talked about that the Opium wars were fought and brought opium into China. I don't know if this is true or not. I have heard that during World War II, some of our US sailors saw a bunch of the Chinese smoking opium. I have no idea.

Though the tally of fatalities is given in the article by those using the opioids, I've also heard 200, a huge number, OD on it daily, I guess, most survive, but this shows the problem.

Quote from the wiki article above:

The victorious British were successful in inducing an opioid crisis in China, which seriously undermined Chinese society.

That is pretty bad everyone, then, in the 1920s, there was a market for opium in the US, opium dens as there were back in the day. We need to get onto this crisis.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:54:07 am by TomSea »