Author Topic: Is Kamala Harris Eligible to be President?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Is Kamala Harris Eligible to be President?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 03:45:54 pm »

I understand there were rumors Mrs. Cruz was not an American citizen, but I don't know if it was ever proven. 

I was one of those who argued about this NBC issue for months when Cruz was in the running for the presidency, but in the end, I think the only way this whole thing is going to ever be resolved is through an appeal before SCOTUS.  Certainly can't depend on the lazy, corrupt lumps in congress to pass clear, concise legislation accurately defining once and for all the term "Natural Born Citizen."  Hell, some of them would probably want to make an illegal or a so-called Middle East refugee presidency without any kind of citizenship at all.

SCOTUS did nothing but muddy up the NBC waters during the Obastard Reign of Terror.  IIRC, it threw out every case that ever came to it on the subject.  There were some cases that never made it to SCOTUS (OK, briefs written in pink crayon with little hearts drawn as the dots in the ''I'' don't count).  I don't think one case was ever heard on the merits, in any District Court.  As a result, anybody can be any nationality they choose for the convenience of the moment.

Want to claim Kenyan citizenship to get a scholarship?  Later claim US when running for Preezy of the United Steezy?  Go for it.

I'm aware I could be wrong on this.  Media coverage was very poor and when it existed, it was to scoff at people on the right and conflate them with the 9/11 ''truthers'' and moon-landing conspiracies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 03:47:16 pm »
No, he didn't sign on to anything either.     

The real story is here (and don't give me any blather about the source; it's correct):

ttps://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/10/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-i-always-opposed-tpp-trans-pacific-partne/

Killjoy.   

:BangComp:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 04:44:17 pm »
As I understand the question, the place of her birth is not the issue. It's the thing about her non-citizen parents and five years' residency. I'm not going to delve into this one any deeper, however, as the real threat to be the Dem candidate may not be Harris but Sherod Brown of Ohio (who's busy playing the role of fake moderate).

@mountaineer

The Dims like to throw out these bomb throwers as likely candidates so that when the election if finally happening,their actual candidate seems reasonable.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 05:33:34 pm »
@mountaineer

The Dims like to throw out these bomb throwers as likely candidates so that when the election if finally happening,their actual candidate seems reasonable.

That explains the Howie Dean/Jon Carry switcheroo...
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 05:52:06 pm »
Yes, she is.

There is no way in hell that the Supreme Court is going to interpret the 14th Amendment so as to make ineligible for the Presidency someone born on U.S. soil, to anyone other than a foreign diplomat.

But, I feel confident in predicting that de Vattel will soon make an appearance for the 200th go round of this argument.....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 05:53:38 pm »
Yes, she is.

There is no way in hell that the Supreme Court is going to interpret the 14th Amendment so as to make ineligible for the Presidency someone born on U.S. soil, to anyone other than a foreign diplomat.

But, I feel confident in predicting that de Vattel will soon make an appearance for the 200th go round of this argument.....

or the Dentist turned lawyer..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »
There is no way in hell (under original intent)....

When you say "original intent", to what are you referring?  To the intent of those who ratified the Constitution in the 1780's, or to the intent of those who passed the 14th Amendment?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 06:21:55 pm »
When you say "original intent", to what are you referring?  To the intent of those who ratified the Constitution in the 1780's, or to the intent of those who passed the 14th Amendment?

An academic question, because the operating intent is whatever 5 Judges on the SCOTUS decide it is on a given day. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 07:14:52 pm »
  Not Ted Cruz!  All of Trumps good work will be UNDONE! TED SIGNED THAT TTP, OR TPP, which was bad for America, then said, Oops. Can't have that.  Don't fall for this act by Cruz.  He is also on madams list in DC. If Trumps "not pure enough", Cruz is worse!
What is the color of the sky in your world?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:50 am »
The question:
"Is Kamala Harris Eligible to be President?"

I think not, but in any case...
... the time to start gathering information on her is NOW.

If we wait, she may use the days ahead to "bury" much of her past like obama did before her.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2018, 12:48:40 am »
Are you saying a natural born citizens for purposes of qualifying to be the President of the United States is to be born on American soil?

@kevindavis

It is fairly clear that "natural born citizen" is now generally regarded as analogous to Blackstone's "natural born subject", rather than to Vattel's "natives", so, yes.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2018, 01:45:31 am »
An academic question, because the operating intent is whatever 5 Judges on the SCOTUS decide it is on a given day.

This whole topic is academic.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2018, 01:46:45 am »

In my case it's both!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2018, 01:49:15 am »
It is fairly clear that "natural born citizen" is now generally regarded as analogous to Blackstone's "natural born subject", rather than to Vattel's "natives", so, yes.

Well that's quite a shock.  I mean, who would have thought that a bunch of colonies whose own jurisprudence was based on English Common law, and which common law remained valid even after independence unless superceded by statute, would choose to follow the gold standard for English common law in Blackstone, rather than some continental lawyer in de Vattel?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2018, 01:59:44 am »
Well that's quite a shock.  I mean, who would have thought that a bunch of colonies whose own jurisprudence was based on English Common law, and which common law remained valid even after independence unless superceded by statute, would choose to follow the gold standard for English common law in Blackstone, rather than some continental lawyer in de Vattel?

@Maj. Bill Martin

I would!  And they didn't because they couldn't given the fact that there was not going to be  any royalty in the newly formed Republic and thus no blood line ascendency to the presidency.

I have fought this battle before on this site and have no desire or intention to do it again so I'll leave it at this.  If this ever does make it's way into the courts I will assure you that your side WILL lose.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:49:06 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2018, 05:06:52 am »
Anyone believing Ted Cruz has a chance to be president one day is delusional.  He undid his future as a prespect when he did the dirty deed against Ben Carson in Iowa.  That single act proved, and it is etched in granite, that Cruz has no character.  NONE!

While I genrally like Sen Cruz, I would never vote for him as president. 

I think Sen Cruz has the same problem former Sen Santorum has/had.  Both are perceived as extreme.  Both are somewhat self destructive with their personna.  Neither will ever be president of the USA.

I look for our Vice President to follow Trump as president. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:53 pm »
This whole topic is academic.

10-4, good buddy.
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2018, 03:40:25 pm »
Anyone believing Ted Cruz has a chance to be president one day is delusional.  He undid his future as a prespect when he did the dirty deed against Ben Carson in Iowa.  That single act proved, and it is etched in granite, that Cruz has no character.  NONE!

I would wager than 95% of the American people have no clue what you're talking about.  I don't even remember it, and I followed the primaries much more than a typical voter. Maybe it's "etched in granite" somewhere, but nobody is reading the etching.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2018, 03:46:40 pm »
I would wager than 95% of the American people have no clue what you're talking about.  I don't even remember it, and I followed the primaries much more than a typical voter. Maybe it's "etched in granite" somewhere, but nobody is reading the etching.

Hell man! HE doesn't even know what he's talking about!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2018, 03:53:33 pm »
No, he didn't sign on to anything either.     

The real story is here (and don't give me any blather about the source; it's correct):

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/10/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-i-always-opposed-tpp-trans-pacific-partne/

Which is why he wrote and op-ed in the Wall Street Journal supporting fast tracking TPP. /s

Putting Congress in Charge on Trade

Ted Cruz is a known liar, but he is a professional politician so lying is part of his trade craft.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2018, 04:02:43 pm »

The 14th has nothing to do with Cruz since he was not born in the USA. When the framer wrote
the Constitution citizenship was passed via the child father. A national born citizen to them was
someone born in the USA to a US citizen father.

Original intent means as those who wrote the constitution intended. There is lots they could not
foreseen but just who is and who isn't an NBC is not one of them. Born on soil with a citizen
father. Cruz fails on both. No way they would consider the son of a Cuban born in Canada a NBC
of the USA.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 04:22:36 pm »
I think she has a good shot at beating Trump because there's enough feminists around who vote purely based on sex, very sad.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2018, 04:23:44 pm »

Which is why he wrote and op-ed in the Wall Street Journal supporting fast tracking TPP. /s

Putting Congress in Charge on Trade

Ted Cruz is a known liar, but he is a professional politician so lying is part of his trade craft.

Do you think Cruz should lose to Beto O'Rourke, then?
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 04:32:44 pm »
No, The Fourteenth Amendment Does Not Authorize Birthright Citizenship

Read and learn

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2018, 04:35:31 pm »
Do you think Cruz should lose to Beto O'Rourke, then?

I support Cruz and intent to vote for him in Nov. But I do like the truth too, Ted Cruz supported TTP
until support for TTP became unpopular in the extreme.