Author Topic: EPA Is Set to Roll Back Restrictions on Coal-Burning Power Plants  (Read 958 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Alrighty!   Love this stuff.   

1411 COMMENTS
By Timothy Puko
Aug. 18, 2018 3:53 p.m. ET
The Trump administration is escalating an effort to revive the flagging U.S. coal industry with a planned move next week to replace restrictive Obama-era climate policies with new rules designed to help coal-burning plants run harder and stay open longer.

The proposed new rules, which the Environmental Protection Agency plans is expected to release within days, would be the latest in a series of reversals of policies the Obama administration adopted to slow climate change. It would replace the agency’s so-called Clean Power Plan for the electricity business with regulations that cede power to states, and could ultimately lead to more heat-trapping gases going into the atmosphere even as it sets parameters to boost efficiency at coal-fired power plants.

President Trump has repeatedly promised to support coal, an industry beset by a shrinking customer base, competition, falling prices and bankruptcies; the plan may be his administration’s most ambitious effort yet to kill regulations on coal’s behalf.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/epa-is-set-to-roll-back-restrictions-on-coal-burning-power-plants-1534622001
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: EPA Is Set to Roll Back Restrictions on Coal-Burning Power Plants
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »
Bring it on!   Sooner rather than later!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 11:14:22 pm »
I agree, Bigun.

There are some in this forum who -- only a year ago -- were claiming that coal's days were over.

I said then, "not so".

America's long-term energy future remains.... coal.
We've got more of it than ANYTHING else, enough for hundreds of years.

The technology for mining it safely and burning it cleanly has never been better.
Load up them coal trains!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 11:16:22 pm »
I agree, Bigun.

There are some in this forum who -- only a year ago -- were claiming that coal's days were over.

I said then, "not so".

The technology for mining it safely and burning it cleanly has never been better.

And they kissed American Steel goodbye too.   Unraveling the O'Bastard depression years one step at a time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 11:32:22 pm »
I agree, Bigun.

I said then, "not so".

It would be abjectly stupid to kill off the biggest source of energy you have and especially so in the name of a complete fiction.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien