Author Topic: World War Trump  (Read 725 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
World War Trump
« on: August 19, 2018, 04:07:07 pm »
World War Trump
Irwin M. Stelzer

On one side is a nascent coalition of at least 36 nations with a population over seven times that of the United States, and a combined GDP almost twice that of ours. On the other side, standing increasingly alone, is America. Battle lines are drawn, hostilities have begun.

Turkey is only the latest member of the emerging anti-Trump coalition. It is a member of NATO, its troops are fighting alongside Americans in support of Afghan forces battling the Taliban, and it is home to the Incirlik and Izmir Air Bases, important strategic assets shared by the United States and Turkey. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the country’s autocratic president, is an ally Trump certainly should grapple to his breast with hoops of steel, a phrase the president likely has underscored in his dog-eared copy of Hamlet.

But then there are the evangelical Christians, important to the president in the coming midterm elections. They are pressing Trump to secure the release of Andrew Brunson, an American evangelical pastor who Erdogan accuses of spying and terrorism. Brunson has been in prison awaiting trial for two years and has recently moved to house arrest. For Trump, votes of evangelicals are more important than the U.S.-Turkish alliance, at least right now.

Read more at: https://www.weeklystandard.com/irwin-m-stelzer/world-war-trump

I'm not sure if the last paragraph would be strictly true but close enough.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: World War Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:10:54 pm »
"On one side is a nascent coalition of at least 36 nations with a population over seven times that of the United States, and a combined GDP almost twice that of ours. On the other side, standing increasingly alone, is America. Battle lines are drawn, hostilities have begun."

Doesn't bother me in the least.
I don't care what those "36 nations" think of us.

I see what Mr. Trump is doing, as... "getting the natural order of things back to the way they should be" -- and away from "the new world order" that was pushed by the globalists for the last two or three decades.