Author Topic: The Case for Jim Jordan to Be the Next House Speaker  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Case for Jim Jordan to Be the Next House Speaker
« on: August 18, 2018, 03:10:11 pm »
The Case for Jim Jordan to Be the Next House Speaker
American Spectator, Aug 17, 2018, Michael Slee, Jeremy Frankel

[...]

There are very good reasons for this. When it comes to issues like controlling spending, fixing our immigration system, bringing healthcare decisions back to the people, defending the sanctity of life, and restoring the judiciary, Jim Jordan has never ceased to be advocate for the interests of liberty-loving conservatives.

Jordan plans to change the way Congress operates by making it more transparent and conducive to more debate, rather than capitulation to the other side. A good example of what Jordan is up against is the $1.3 trillion omnibus that Congress passed in March, funding all of the Democrats’ priorities and leaving little for the wall and border enforcement. House members had nowhere near enough time to read the enormous bill, let alone debate on it. And of course, no amendments were allowed. President Trump reluctantly signed the bill due to the omnibus funding the military, but there is no doubt he regretted it and never wanted to fund the other side’s policies and undermine his own agenda.

Trump would never have to deal with that again if a principled conservative like Jordan were Speaker. Appearing on Mark Levin’s radio show late last month, Jordan stated that most members of the House have no role in decision making, as all the decisions are made by the leadership. Jordan also lamented the fact that while making all the decisions for the Republican conference, House leadership has no desire to fight. “We forfeit even before we have a debate!” Jordan said to Levin.

Jordan clearly recognizes that the top-down nature of how leadership has run the House drains the legislative branch of the Founders’ intent for it to be a deliberative body and undermines the will of the American people. The House is meant to be the body closest to the people and a Jordan speakership would greatly help in a return to republicanism.

He believes a simple solution to empower the people’s representatives would be to involve more of the members in the process of crafting legislation and having open and substantive debates on legislation instead of everything being created in smoke-filled rooms with a small group of people at the top deciding everything. Another systemic reform Jordan believes would fix the nature of Congress is to leave the choices of chairmen for committees up to the members of the committees instead of House leadership.

Read more:  https://spectator.org/the-case-for-jim-jordan-to-be-the-next-house-speaker/

Offline goodwithagun

Re: The Case for Jim Jordan to Be the Next House Speaker
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 03:16:12 pm »
I’m in Ohio. OSU is imploding. Things might not go so well for Jordan.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 03:18:02 pm »

Why is that, @goodwithagun?

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »
In addition to all the attributes included in the above article, compare Jordan's energy, enthusiasm and how people react to him with the Speaker we now have.  Jordan wasn't scheduled to speak .... the President didn't know in advance he'd be there ... yet he brings the house down.   Jordan as Speaker would be godsend.  (This clip is from two weeks ago in Ohio)

Don't miss the President's reaction to the crowd's reaction when Jordan's name is mentioned ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1t0AhZl3g

! No longer available
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 03:29:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »

Do you have a link or more information on this @goodwithagun

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »
The Zach Smith story? Urban Meyer and wife violating state law by not calling cops? This after Tressel fired and the same AD saying I didn’t know a thing about it? That issue. And when it goes down, they’ll take everybody with them.

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smith-sex-toys-ohio-state-offices-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 04:03:19 pm »
The Zach Smith story? Urban Meyer and wife violating state law by not calling cops? This after Tressel fired and the same AD saying I didn’t know a thing about it? That issue. And when it goes down, they’ll take everybody with them.

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smith-sex-toys-ohio-state-offices-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/

That's icky.  But, what does it have to with Jordan, directly?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 04:13:42 pm »
That's icky.  But, what does it have to with Jordan, directly?

He allegedly knew about abuse while coaching wrestling there. When OSU football implodes, the other scandals will be brought to the light as well. I hope Jordan is innocent of these allegations. As a former NCAA student athlete in the late 90s to early 2000s, it’s my experience that the rumors are usually true. Again, I hope not here.

https://www.news8000.com/news/national-news/ohio-state-university-faces-federal-investigation/782722301
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:14:42 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 04:15:07 pm »
He allegedly knew about abuse while coaching wrestling there. When OSU football implodes, the other scandals will be brought to the light as well. I hope Jordan is innocent of these allegations. As a former NCAA student athlete in the late 90s to early 2000s, it’s my experience that the rumors are usually true. Again, I hope not here.

Oh, I see.  I thought several of the athletes had already come forward and exonerated Jordan.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 04:29:05 pm »

https://www.news8000.com/news/national-news/ohio-state-university-faces-federal-investigation/782722301

If life were fair, it wouldn't have anything to do with Jordan, so it is only a hope that the left will not connect the two.

Is the Urban Meyer involvement a certainty?  I thought it was also just "alleged."

Urban's a good guy.

(Of course, so was/is Jim Tressel.... just made a horrible mistake.  :shrug:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 04:29:33 pm »
The one athlete recanted his testimony on Jordan. I don't know if others did.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/09/wrestler-recants-jim-jordan/

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 04:31:47 pm »
Oh, I see.  I thought several of the athletes had already come forward and exonerated Jordan.

Several have ... and the remaining have some problems with veracity.  Besides, the voters aren't buying this ... as evidenced by the video clip above which is after the story was published and republished ad nauseam.

Jim Jordan for Speaker of the House!!!!   :patriot:    

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 04:41:10 pm »
Several have ... and the remaining have some problems with veracity.  Besides, the voters aren't buying this ... as evidenced by the video clip above which is after the story was published and republished ad nauseam.

Jim Jordan for Speaker of the House!!!!   :patriot:    

The US Dept of Ed recently got involved in this case. Some have come forward; however, once words like theirs are spoken a full investigation must take place. Fir the third or fourth time, I hope Jordan is clean.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 06:48:04 pm »

That smear was dispelled when the athletes who started it recanted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 07:36:28 pm »
That smear was dispelled when the athletes who started it recanted.

But it will be dragged up again now that the feds are involved.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 07:42:39 pm »
But it will be dragged up again now that the feds are involved.

Correct.  Especially now that he wants to be Speaker of the House.  The question remains if the House Republicans are willing to fall for it the way they usually do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 07:57:03 pm »
Correct.  Especially now that he wants to be Speaker of the House.  The question remains if the House Republicans are willing to fall for it the way they usually do.

Why would House Republicans want Jordan?  He's conservative and a straight shooter. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »
Why would House Republicans want Jordan?  He's conservative and a straight shooter.

Admitting that would be giving up their game.  The recanted accusations will merely be the vehicle of choice.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 08:10:10 pm »
This all might be a moot point..if you know what happens.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:27 pm »

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »
One can mention Paul Ryan, I'll give you that one but I thought most House Republicans were actually conservative, they pass bills, the Senate doesn't. But yes, Rep JJ should be able to marshall order in the House better than Ryan.