Author Topic: Another Vessel Carying US Soybeans Docks At China's Dalian Port  (Read 766 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Reuters
Staff Aug 15, 2018

[excerpt]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-soybeans/another-vessel-carrying-u-s-soybeans-docks-at-chinas-dalian-port-idUSKBN1L112R

The ship, the Star Jennifer, entered the Dalian port Thursday afternoon.

The movements of the vessel suggest it is preparing to unload its cargo, the second to enter China this week and incur hefty import tariffs Beijing imposed on U.S. products last month amid an escalating trade row.

The unloading follows the departure of Peak Pegasus from the same port on Thursday after discharging its cargo of 70,000 tonnes of U.S. soybeans.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:23:58 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline darroll

Re: Another Vessel Carying US Soybeans Docks At China's Dalian Port
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:30:22 pm »
This is just showing that China still trades with fair deals.
I wonder who got rich off of the lop sided trading in the past?
Hey Sessions.
The US is the only country where you make about two hundred grand and retire rich in too years. (The cookie jar does not have cookies in it)

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:39:19 pm »
What it tells me is China is between a rock and a hard place.

There's no place except the US they can get the amount of Soybeans they need and they were foolish enough to put a bluff, retaliatory tariff on a foodstuff they desperately depend on.

They may be trying to prevent political unrest that could result in a food riot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:44:55 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline darroll

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:36 pm »

There's no place except the US they can get the amount of Soybeans they need and they were foolish enough to put a bluff, retaliatory tariff on a foodstuff they desperately depend on.

They may be trying to prevent political unrest that could result in a food riot.
No Buddy, they are rice and fish head eaters.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 12:02:45 am »

I'd suggest you double check that. China depends heavily on US Soybeans, rice and fish heads notwithstanding.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 12:13:40 am »
I'd suggest you double check that. China depends heavily on US Soybeans, rice and fish heads notwithstanding.

I think he is referring to something like a "Japanese Inspection?"  A Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs take in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at, But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item...

But In this case the Chinamen really really need our Soy Beans.  They went to Brazile (the worlds second largest producer of that little legume) but they still need our beans to feed their livestock and animals so they can feed their peoples..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline darroll

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 12:21:36 am »
The rich like Soy Sauce. A good source of protein. (Soybeans)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 02:32:17 am »
Yeo's soy milk, melon flavored too. Tasty.

Oh, and edame, tempura, soy is very universal. Fermented is good as in the Okinawa diet.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 04:05:43 am »

I would agree with your assessment.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 11:44:34 am »

@darroll

They are like everyone else and will eat anything edible when hungry,and soybeans were a cheap way for the government to feed them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!