Author Topic: 'I met my IS captor on a German street'  (Read 251 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'I met my IS captor on a German street'
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:10:28 pm »
'I met my IS captor on a German street'
BBC, Aug 17, 2018, Victoria Bisset & Lyse Doucet

A Yazidi teenager sold into slavery by Islamic State has told the BBC of her horror after she escaped to Germany, only to come face-to-face with her captor in the street.

Ashwaq was only 14 when Islamic State fighters stormed into northern Iraq, including the heartland of the Yazidi people.  They took thousands of women as sex slaves, including Ashwaq - sold for $100 to a man named Abu Humam.  Raped and beaten, she managed to escape three months later and then went to Germany with her mother and one brother.

"I left my family and my country and went to Germany to forget the beating and the pain. The last thing I expected was to meet my IS captor and that he would know everything about me."

A few months ago, on the street outside a supermarket, she heard someone call out her name. She says it was Abu Humam - and he said he knew where she lived.

"I never in my life believed that I would see something like this in Germany," she told the BBC.

Germany's federal prosecutor says Ashwaq reported the incident to the police five days after she said it took place. Ashwaq says she told investigators everything, including her harrowing experiences in Iraq.

Officers made an e-fit of the suspect and told her to contact the police immediately if she saw Abu Humam again.

Read more:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45209868

Offline darroll

Re: 'I met my IS captor on a German street'
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:41:01 pm »
Get an old fashioned hat pen.