Author Topic: Cuomo reverses 'inartful' comments: Of course America 'has always been great'  (Read 302 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo reverses 'inartful' comments: Of course America 'has always been great'
By John Bowden - 08/17/18 12:54 PM EDT

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo clarified remarks he made about American being "great" on Friday, telling reporters on a conference call that the language he used was "inartful."

Cuomo told reporters that he believes the country "has always been great," the Democrat and Chronicle reported, walking back remarks he made Thursday during a bill signing ceremony.

"The expression I used the other day was inartful, so I want to be very clear," Cuomo said Friday. "Of course America is great and of course America has always been great. No one questions that."

His clarification came after the governor, who faces a primary challenge from actress and activist Cynthia Nixon (D) as well as a Republican challenger, said Thursday that America "was never that great" to begin with.

"We’re not gonna make America great again," Cuomo said at the event. "It was never that great."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/402350-cuomo-reverses-of-course-america-has-always-been-great
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Inartful means “awkwardly expressed but not necessarily untrue;

So he did mean what he says he didn't mean.

No wonder they say his brother Chris got all the brains.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.