Author Topic: No, one-third of African Americans don’t support Trump. Not even close.  (Read 665 times)

Offline Suppressed

No, one-third of African Americans don’t support Trump. Not even close.

President Trump speaks to the media on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. (Jacquelyn Martin/Associated Press)

By Michael Tesler
August 17 at 6:00 AM

[...]

Trump has also attempted to inoculate himself from charges of racism by selectively citing polling numbers, which suggest he’s remarkably popular for a Republican president among African Americans.  The president, for example, retweeted these polling numbers from Rasmussen on Wednesday:

Today’s @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%
This day last year: 19%
http://bit.ly/preztrack  @POTUS @realDonaldTrump
8:19 AM - 15 Aug 2018

It might seem far-fetched that over a third of African Americans would now approve of a president with a very long history of racial insensitivity — especially because fewer than 10 percent of black voters supported him in 2016.

That’s because it is far-fetched.  Trump’s black approval rating is nowhere near 36 percent.

Polling firms that have interviewed far more African Americans, and that are much more transparent than Rasmussen, all show that Trump’s black approval rating is much lower than 36 percent.

[...]

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/08/17/no-one-third-of-african-americans-dont-support-trump-not-even-close
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Washington Post like the NY Times have a long history of editorials saying nasty things about the president. This is just more typical from what? A blog called the monkey cage that probably gushed with admiration for Obama?

Offline TomSea

Trim a few points of support from the AA vote for Democrats, I heard one pundit say, it can almost make the Democratic party obsolete.  They certainly have to try to tell us what the column does.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They want me to pay them to read their article.  It would make more sense if they would pay me to read it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This should be in the opinion cat. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

Just posted in editorial:

Deroy Murdock: Trump's job approval nearly doubles among black Americans | New Hampshire
By DEROY MURDOCK
August 16. 2018 11:54PM

THE LEFT and its henchmen in the old-guard media relentlessly insist that President Donald J. Trump is America’s racist-in-chief. This exhausted lie seems to fall on increasingly skeptical ears. And a surprising number of them are black.

An Aug. 7 NAACP poll found that 21 percent of black registered voters approve of Trump’s job performance. Even better, in Wednesday’s Rasmussen tracking survey, 36 percent of black voters gave the President thumbs up, compared to 19 percent a year ago.

These are not landslide numbers. And Trump’s disapproval ratings — 79 percent in NAACP’s study and 64 percent in Rasmussen’s — are daunting. Still, the fact that Trump enjoys the support of one-fifth of black voters in one poll and more than one-third in another is astonishing for someone routinely smeared as a white supremacist. These statistics should trigger klaxons at Democrat headquarters.

Read more at: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20180817/OPINION02/180819597/0/NEWHAMPSHIRE0301

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Just posted in editorial:

The 19 percent a year ago was immediately following his classy "very fine people" response to Charlottesville.

I think the between 10 and 20% is most likely closest to correct at this time.  A couple of more Omarosa "receipts" and it could easily fall to single digits.

Either way, no matter how he tries to propagandize it, he as very little approval in the black community and I'm sure he is quite aware of it.

Offline Timothy Dennis

Since blacks AND Hispanics have the LOWEST unemployment rates EVER, why wouldn't a third of them have a positive opinion of President Trump? Your blather is simply more anti-Trump bias by the Left. Keep up the good WORK President Trump.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:16:15 pm by Timothy Dennis »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Since blacks AND Hispanics have the LOWEST unemployment rates EVER, why wouldn't a third of them have a positive opinion of President Trump? Your blather is simply more anti-Trump bias by the Left. Keep up the good WORK President Trump.

888high58888 @Timothy Dennis

Fox News
Verified accountï‚™ @FoxNews 

.@RCamposDuffy: "62% of Hispanics now say they're better off today than they were 2 years ago, and support for @POTUS has gone up by 10%."

8:54 AM - 17 Aug 2018

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1030482887278297088/video/1

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

I know it's the AP so you probably won't read it but.... :whistle:

https://www.apnews.com/d7a35c3d0ad342ad8b3a041226f06746?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Offline Suppressed

The Washington Post like the NY Times have a long history of editorials saying nasty things about the president. This is just more typical from what? A blog called the monkey cage that probably gushed with admiration for Obama?

@TomSea  @The Ghost

I have no illusions at all about WaPo.  But the content references other sources, not just opinion.  Point is, this one poll was anomalous.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@TomSea  @The Ghost

I have no illusions at all about WaPo.  But the content references other sources, not just opinion.  Point is, this one poll was anomalous.
@Suppressed
Well I was just thinking that the Poly-Sci prof who wrote it has a long history is inserting his on going theme that systemic white racisim is the root of all evil in America.  JS
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

@TomSea  @The Ghost

21% from the NAACP poll can mean 21% or perhaps a few more percentage points, even with that, that's a shakeup of the Democratic voting bloc as well.  couple that with however one wants to read Trump doing with Hispanics, he's doing okay, fair to midland as well. Even those low numbers from the NAACP aren't too bad in the big picture.