Author Topic: Breaking: Trump administration nearing deal with Mexico on revised NAFTA ...  (Read 551 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump administration nearing deal with Mexico on revised NAFTA — but issues with Canada remain

http://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/article_599976db-fea0-540a-a95b-6e3e924fc1a0.html

http://drudgereport.com/

Don Lee
WASHINGTON

The Trump administration is close to striking a deal with Mexico on a revamped North American Free Trade Agreement, analysts said, but thorny issues are yet to be resolved with Canada, the third party in the trilateral pact.

Reaching an agreement with Mexico would mark a breakthrough for the administration after a year of roller-coaster talks and tension with its longtime North American trading partners. President Trump has frequently threatened to withdraw from NAFTA, linked the renegotiations to his call for a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border and slapped tariffs on Mexican and Canadian steel to apply pressure to make concessions.

But both Mexico and the U.S. have strong incentives to push through a deal quickly. Mexico wants to lock in an agreement before its new leftist president takes office, and the White House is keen on achieving a win on trade ahead of the midterm elections.

Canada, meanwhile, has shown less urgency to complete a revision of the 24-year-old pact, but is expected to return to the bargaining table once the U.S. and Mexico settle their differences.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:58:02 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A mature women walks into a wedding dress shop and asks for a white wedding dress. The salesperson seems surprised she wants a white dress and asked if she has ever been married. She answers 3 times but, she never had sex.
The first time was tragic she said "My husband and I agreed to wait till marriage. On the way to the honeymoon hotel he died.
The second was equally tragic. We agreed to wait until the wedding night, but while going to the hotel we had such a bad argument, that we annulled the marriage and never spoke again."
"That's terrible," said the sales person, "what about the 3rd?"

Oh, he was a Trumpster and just sat at the end of the bed and told me how great it was going to be.

Online DCPatriot

A mature women walks into a wedding dress shop and asks for a white wedding dress. The salesperson seems surprised she wants a white dress and asked if she has ever been married. She answers 3 times but, she never had sex.
The first time was tragic she said "My husband and I agreed to wait till marriage. On the way to the honeymoon hotel he died.
The second was equally tragic. We agreed to wait until the wedding night, but while going to the hotel we had such a bad argument, that we annulled the marriage and never spoke again."
"That's terrible," said the sales person, "what about the 3rd?"

Oh, he was a Trumpster and just sat at the end of the bed and told me how great it was going to be.

888high58888

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
888high58888

Ya think?  I didn't find it even slightly amusing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't find that even slightly surprising.

Online DCPatriot

@Emjay

My friend, today is National Tell a Joke Day.   In that spirit, it's a good one!

...more importantly, it's all @Once-Ler 's got! 

Every time we jump the gun on 'good news', they tell us "...slow down, it's too early, etc.."

But far as I can recall, we haven't been proven wrong yet.

But they won't be satisfied, until North Korea is making KIA's and HYUNDAI's and have Chic-Fil-A's.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:21:51 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Should be no deal without the wall.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

My friend, today is National Tell a Joke Day.   In that spirit, it's a good one!

Every time we jump the gun on 'good news', they tell us "...slow down, it's too early, etc.."

But they won't be satisfied, until North Korea is making KIA's and HYUNDAI's and have Chic-Fil-A's.

Hey, I love a good joke and if @Once-Ler ever thinks of one, I'll laugh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

@Emjay

I look around and see the same problems.  Some are even worse to me.  I joke about it because I don't think those problems will be fixed anytime soon, but your right.  That is all I got. 

You look around and things are fine.  Good for you @DCPatriot  888high58888

Hey, I love a good joke and if @Once-Ler ever thinks of one, I'll laugh.