Author Topic: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her $15K-a-month campaign job  (Read 573 times)

Offline Suppressed

Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her $15K-a-month campaign job
The tape, which was broadcast on MSNBC, was made just days after the former "Apprentice" contestant left her White House job.
by Adam Edelman / Aug.16.2018 / 1:02 PM ET / Updated 1:31 PM ET

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former reality TV star who became a top White House aide to President Donald Trump, on Thursday released exclusively to MSNBC a secret tape of campaign official Lara Trump offering her a $15,000-a-month job after she was fired from the administration.

The tape — which, according to Manigault Newman was made on Dec. 16, 2017, just days after she had left the White House — appears to corroborate claims she made in her new book about receiving an offer from the president's re-election campaign. Manigault Newman wrote in her book that the job offer came with the condition of signing a nondisclosure agreement; she said she did not accept it.

[...]

In an interview with MSNBC's Craig Melvin after the excerpts were aired, Manigault Newman said the recording was proof of "an attempt" by the Trump team "to buy my silence, to censor me, and to pay me off."

Asked if she saw it as "hush money," Manigault Newman responded, "Absolutely."

Manigault Newman shared four excerpts from the recording of the longer conversation for broadcast; NBC News has heard the full tape of the conversation and the clips are in context.

[...]

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/omarosa-releases-secret-tape-lara-trump-offering-her-15k-month-n901306
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

January 1st 2017 to November 1st 2020 = 46 months

46 months at $15,000 a month = $690,000 pay off.

They really didn't want her talking!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline goodwithagun

January 1st 2017 to November 1st 2020 = 46 months

46 months at $15,000 a month = $690,000 pay off.

They really didn't want her talking!

Actually, this is going to backfire on Omarosa. That’s a lot more cash than most people make. Combine that with the pettiness of releasing these secretly taped convos and O has herself a disaster of her own making.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

Actually, this is going to backfire on Omarosa. That’s a lot more cash than most people make. Combine that with the pettiness of releasing these secretly taped convos and O has herself a disaster of her own making.

The bigger issue is that it's a sign Trump realizes that his attempt to evade the law with the illegal NDAs isn't viable, so enforceable NDAs are needed.
+++++++++

Offline goodwithagun

The bigger issue is that it's a sign Trump realizes that his attempt to evade the law with the illegal NDAs isn't viable, so enforceable NDAs are needed.

I completely agree that he, once again, stepped on his own dick. My comment was regarding the public acceptance of O’s little publicity tour. She’ll not get any sympathy.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

I completely agree that he, once again, stepped on his own dick. My comment was regarding the public acceptance of O’s little publicity tour. She’ll not get any sympathy.

Yeah, not really sure how the economics worked out.  Did she get an advance?
+++++++++

Offline goodwithagun

Yeah, not really sure how the economics worked out.  Did she get an advance?

On the book? There’s no doubt. I’m sure it’s selling like Cankles’ book: Bought by the truckloads by those willing to kiss her ass.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think this was an attempt to buy her off.  Why would Lara offer her a job on the upcoming campaign if she knew she just got fired from the WH?  Answer - she probably didn't know Omarosa had been fired. 

Offline goodwithagun

O is merely trying to cash in on a nothingburger. If she had recordings or anything significant, she would have dropped it first for the effect. She has nothing. O is taking herself out. C’est la vie.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Guess she forgot about these tapes"
RNC Video/YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC1EPZFGKMs

! No longer available

Offline ConstitutionRose

Lara Trump's response left me with the impression that the released tape is a compilation from a number of phone calls, not a single call.  Edited for effect I am sure,

I am also sure that they would have liked to keep her saying nice things.  The whole black community out reach.  Appearances,  although I think she is actually useless.

I'm not sure her "tapes" are going to have the impact she wants.  Everyone is going to absolutely despise her for secretly recording conversations.  The woman is a viper!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.