Author Topic: Trump says 'Democrats give up when I turn out' on campaign trail  (Read 424 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump says 'Democrats give up when I turn out' on campaign trail

By STEPHANIE MURRAY

08/16/2018 07:47 AM EDT

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that his involvement in the midterm elections "de-energizes" Democrats, according to The Wall Street Journal, once again forecasting a wave of GOP success in November's races.

“I think the Democrats give up when I turn out,” Trump said. “If you want to know the truth, I don’t think it energizes them. I think it de-energizes them. I think they give up when I turn out.”

On Twitter, the president has repeatedly touted his "8 for 9" record in special elections endorsements, even though he has endorsed multiple losing candidates, including Luther Strange and Roy Moore in Alabama and Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania. After releasing a fresh batch of GOP endorsements earlier Wednesday, Trump touted his support as having moved the needle for GOP candidates.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/16/trump-midterms-democrats-give-up-779475
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump says 'Democrats give up when I turn out' on campaign trail
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »
They damned well should with him finding and tweeting stuff like this!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029798446650277888/video/1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:22:10 pm »
They damned well should with him finding and tweeting stuff like this!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029798446650277888/video/1

I wish he'd added a date to when that was.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 04:57:28 pm »
I am sure that lots of Democrats have left their party.  I know one who has.  Offering up Hillary was a big mistake.  This very liberal person I am talking about has been defending Trump.  What does that tell you?

It seems Republican party moving left which brings in more liberals.  Democrats have gone so far left many are bailing ship.  So Donald Trump  is a centrist party.

BTW any progress on illegal immigration and the wall?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:58:32 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 05:15:40 pm »
And this whole thing with Amarosa.  Republicans stuck like glue to Trump even though it is obvious he hires very liberal people.  In this instance a liberal who has worked for the Clintons more than once.  No outrage about the Presidents hiring liberals.

I actually think that it could not have been a better plan for Trump to draw more liberals to him.  It is just recently we had a rash of threads about Democrats leaving their party for Trump.

Smell the roses.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:19:09 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.