Author Topic: Colo. Husband Arrested in Disappearance of Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters After Pleas for Safe Return  (Read 771 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Okay, the father has just been charged for murder here though, from what I know, they have not located anyone.  Nice looking family, see links.  Per this People article, the husband has confessed; at first, he was stringing the public along in saying that they went missing. There is some sort of tie to another state with this family; it's not just with Colorado. I don't know all of the details.

People magazine:

Colo. Husband Arrested in Disappearance of Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters After Pleas for Safe Return
Emily Zauzmer

The husband of a pregnant Colorado woman and their two daughters who have been missing since Monday was arrested Wednesday night in connection with the case, PEOPLE confirms.

Shannan Watts, 34, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and her children Celeste, 3, and Bella, 4, went missing on Monday from their Colorado home.

On Wednesday night, the Frederick Police Department, working with the FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation, arrested Chris Watts, who had given multiple media interviews pleading for their safe return.

Read more at: https://people.com/crime/colorado-husband-arrested-missing-pregnant-wife-daughters-shannan-watts/

Shannan's family, the wife, says the family were viciously murdered by the father if one reads the rest of the article.

Older article before arrest:

Pregnant Colorado mother Shanann Watts and two daughters reported missing
"I can't lose my best friend," Amanda Thayer, a friend of Watts, said of her disappearance.
by Kalhan Rosenblatt / Aug.15.2018 / 10:01 AM ET / Updated Aug.01.2018 / 5:47 AM ET
Pregnant Colorado mother and two daughters reported missing
Aug.15.201801:24

A Colorado mother and her two young daughters have been missing since Monday and are considered endangered, according to police.

Shanann Watts, 34, who is 15 weeks pregnant, and her daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, went missing early Monday after Watts returned home from a business trip.

"I don't feel like this is even real right now. It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from," said Watts' husband, Chris Watts.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pregnant-colorado-mother-shanann-watts-two-daughters-reported-missing-n900876

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:44:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

Husband Arrested In Case Of Missing Pregnant Mom & 2 Daughters
August 15, 2018 at 10:00 pm

[...]

Investigators have not yet detailed what Chris Watts reportedly confessed to them. However, the family of Shanann Watts has also been told that Chris Watts has agreed to bring officers to the location of the bodies, so they may be recovered.

[...]

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/15/husband-detained-in-case-of-missing-pregnant-mom-2-daughters/

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

debrawiest

Sick, evil, vile.

Offline TomSea

It sounds like they got a clue that he is the culprit from his feigned actions imploring the family be brought back.

Frederick, North of Denver, near Longmont, not far from Boulder which is on this map:

Very disturbing. These kinds of stories show up ever so often.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:55:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/chris-watts-shanann-watts-husband/

They had a nice house, very informative article on them.

This is only speculation, but sometimes these situations are murder-suicides (but he couldn't do the suicide) over finances or just over finances. No matter how bad things could be and as I said, I don't know, they should never touch the children. Let them be.  Maybe he snapped but he doesn't appear like the oddball murdering type. 

Obviously, a lot more of this story to come out.

She worked for Le-Vel (Thrive), it sounds like a multi-marketing type of company. They wear things that appear similar to tobacco patches and of course, it probably isn't tobacco in this case. Here is the company's website: https://le-vel.com/Products/THRIVE The patches probably have vitamins or herbs or something.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shanannwatts/

Picture of the two by the pool, he is "ripped" as they say.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:57:05 pm by TomSea »

Offline Millee

He sad they had an "emotional discussion" the night before they disappeared.  I wonder if the girls had already been murdered at that point. 

This story hurts my heart.   **nononono*

Online mountaineer

Husband admits to killing missing wife, children after pleading for their return
By Associated Press
6 Hours Ago

FREDERICK, Colo. (AP) -- Authorities say the husband of a missing family in Colorado has been arrested in connection with the case.

The Frederick Police Department said Chris Watts was taken into custody. Watt's pregnant wife, 34-year-old Shanann Watts, and their two daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste were reported missing Monday.

Chris Watts reportedly confessed to murdering his family, according to a report on Good Morning America.   ... Circa
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

Reportedly, they've found the mother's body, though identification is pending.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mountaineer

Financial issues plagued Chris and Shanann Watts 3 years before alleged killings
Chris Vanderveen
2 hrs ago

Three years before Weld County investigators believe Chris Watts killed his wife and their two children, the Watts family filed for bankruptcy with less than $10 left in their savings accounts, according to federal court documents reviewed by 9Wants to Know.

Chris and Shanann Watts jointly sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in June 2015 after amassing more than $70,000 of debt for unpaid credit cards, medical bills and student loans.

In a June 5, 2015 filing with the United States Bankruptcy Court in Denver, Shanann and Chris Watts reported their two savings accounts contained just $3.51 and $6.00, respectively. At the same time, their checking account contained a little more than $860.   ...  More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

Frederick man suspected of killing wife, two young daughters had climbed from deep financial troubles to apparent prosperity

“We have qualified for so many amazing trips in two years that we never otherwise would have been able to visit,” Shanann wrote recently on social media. She mentioned trips to New Orleans, Toronto, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, Las Vegas and San Diego. “All inclusive, no work, all fun vacations …”

- Denver Post

So, she was actually doing pretty well with that business and had just returned from Arizona from a business meeting with the company. If it is network marketing or multilevel, that probably means she met a lot of people, had a lot of customers.  So, in ways, it looks a bit like they were doing well... I'm not so sure about that though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:19:08 am by TomSea »