Author Topic: Man missing on Mount St. Helens for nearly a week survived on bees and berries  (Read 469 times)

Offline endicom

CNN
Chris Boyette
Aug. 16, 2018

A hiker who was missing for six days on Mount St. Helens survived by eating bees and berries, his mother says.

"Bees were after him the whole time, he said, so he killed them and ate them," Linda Matheny told reporters.

Matthew Matheny was conscious and talking when rescue teams found him Wednesday, according to Cowlitz County Sheriff Mark S. Nelson, and transported by Life Flight helicopter to a hospital.

"He got to a point where he questioned being found," Linda said at a press conference outside of Southwest Washington Medical Center where her son was being treated for dehydration. "He really started thinking, this could be it."

More... https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/us/missing-mount-st-helens-man-found/index.html

Offline mountaineer

I saw a story about the search for this guy a couple of days ago. He thought he might take a little hike around the mountain ... in flipflops! Glad he survived.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline endicom

He is a dumass. Nearly anyone could get lost doing what he did.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I've been wondering where Wingnut has been lately.

I figured he was cooling his heels in the pokey after (allegedly) running down a tortoise.   
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

I've been wondering where Wingnut has been lately.

I figured he was cooling his heels in the pokey after (allegedly) running down a tortoise.

But he was instead flip-flopping around a volcano? You never know.

@Wingnut