Author Topic: USA weak but long recovery could last another ten years  (Read 899 times)

Offline endicom

USA weak but long recovery could last another ten years
« on: August 15, 2018, 09:25:45 pm »
Next Big Future
Brian Wang
Aug. 15, 2018

Based upon elapsed time since the last recession the USA is due for another recession. However, the US recovery has been exceptionally weak. Previous growth cycles in the USA have had 40% to 90% cumulative GDP growth. The USA is just now reaching 40% cumulative growth.

More... https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/08/usa-weak-but-long-recovery-could-last-another-ten-years.html

Offline endicom

Re: USA weak but long recovery could last another ten years
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »

I see this recovery as accelerating. I believe that a continuing reduction in harmful regulations could give it legs. I believe that Congress reeling in spending could give it stilts.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:35:57 pm »
I see this recovery as accelerating. I believe that a continuing reduction in harmful regulations could give it legs. I believe that Congress reeling in spending could give it stilts.

And replacing the current Marxist income tax code with a pro growth, freedom enhancing code would send it into orbit!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:49:33 am »
Hopefully the growth will remain "modestly robust" up through the 2020 elections....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 12:59:40 am »
Hopefully the growth will remain "modestly robust" up through the 2020 elections....

Agreed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 04:34:51 pm »
The other problem is the debt is growing faster than the economy itself. That will also be a drag on long term growth
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy