Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'  (Read 2914 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 11:31:42 am »
I assume it's the 'wop' you refer to, not the dumb because he is clearly dumb and I don't know what 'wop' is...some kind of racial slur, I guess.

@Emjay

I forget now what the actual letters "WOP"  stood for,but an Italian friend told me,and then explain it was what Italian people of a certain era had stamped on their papers at Ellis Island or maybe New Orleans. Maybe both.

Truth to tell it probably had more to do with them being Catholic than anything else,but I have forgotten what the letters were an abbreviation for.

Don't forget that the Protestants and the Catholics spent a couple of hundred years fighting each other for religious domination in Europe,and that the war hadn't been over long when people from Europe started coming to America.

Also don't forget that America was the only nation in the world at that time they didn't have a national religion.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:36:00 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 11:38:42 am »
Yup. I hope he keeps talking.

@goodwithagun

It won't hurt  him at all in NY. NYC pretty much determines who is going to be the state governor,and it is full of voters who are from other countries and hate America.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2018, 11:39:25 am »
What I found almost shocking was his audience did not like this statement one bit.

@Right_in_Virginia

That would surprise me,too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2018, 11:40:47 am »
wop -> with out papers.

@jpsb

I am not doubting you are right,but why would Italians be more likely than anyone else to arrive here without papers back in the 1800's and early 1900's?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 12:16:54 pm »
@goodwithagun

It won't hurt  him at all in NY. NYC pretty much determines who is going to be the state governor,and it is full of voters who are from other countries and hate America.

It might not hurt him there, but it harms his party almost everywhere else.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:46 pm »
It might not hurt him there, but it harms his party almost everywhere else.

@goodwithagun

Not really. Dims are going to vote for Dim candidates regardless of who they are.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »
@goodwithagun

Not really. Dims are going to vote for Dim candidates regardless of who they are.

The #walkaway movement is gaining a little momentum, and it’s remaks like Cuomo’s that help.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 01:04:03 pm »
The #walkaway movement is gaining a little momentum, and it’s remaks like Cuomo’s that help.

@goodwithagun

Name a Dim politician in NY with party backing that has ever failed to get elected.

Remember a congresscritter named Adam Clayton Powell Jr? He was a pastor from Harlem,and  seemed to get over 90 percent of the vote everytime he ran,despite doing stuff like allow people to take photos of him deep sea fishing in the Carribean with a boatload of white hookers while Congress was in session. I was just a kid,but I remember either Look or Life magazine doing a full photo spread of him partying down,and all it did was gain more votes for him.

Name ONE NY Dim congressman or Senator that wasn't re-elected,or that failed to be elected if they had party backing.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2018, 02:23:46 pm »
@jpsb

I am not doubting you are right,but why would Italians be more likely than anyone else to arrive here without papers back in the 1800's and early 1900's?

Interesting information on this here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop

@sneakypete kypete

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2018, 02:37:42 pm »
@goodwithagun

Name a Dim politician in NY with party backing that has ever failed to get elected.

Remember a congresscritter named Adam Clayton Powell Jr? He was a pastor from Harlem,and  seemed to get over 90 percent of the vote everytime he ran,despite doing stuff like allow people to take photos of him deep sea fishing in the Carribean with a boatload of white hookers while Congress was in session. I was just a kid,but I remember either Look or Life magazine doing a full photo spread of him partying down,and all it did was gain more votes for him.

Name ONE NY Dim congressman or Senator that wasn't re-elected,or that failed to be elected if they had party backing.

Again, I agree with you about NY.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2018, 03:11:43 pm »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2018, 04:37:41 pm »
@jpsb

I grew up in an Italian neighborhood on Long Island NY. WOP means without papers. Lots of Italian
immigrants arrived here with no papers. At Ellis Island their new paperwork was stamped WOP.

Between around 1880 and 1924, more than four million Italians immigrated to the United States, half of them between 1900 and 1910 alone

Offline jpsb

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 04:40:15 pm »
Interesting information on this here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop

@sneakypete kypete

Wiki is wrong as is often the case when Wiki ventures into politics.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2018, 06:16:08 pm »
Wiki is wrong as is often the case when Wiki ventures into politics.

Or their penchant for all things PC.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline darroll

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 06:28:44 pm »
I guess Andy did not hear of the P51 Mustang.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2018, 07:18:55 pm »
I truly hope I don't hear this man spout this nonsense again. I might have to drive to NY and slap his stupid face.

Why in the he!! would the people in NY elect such an ungrateful creature?

I hope this helps explain things.

Andrew Cuomo is actually more of a centrist. But, he’s facing a credible challenge from the Left in the democrat primary from Cynthia Nixon, a television actress from Sex and the City with considerable celebrity and exposure.

So this comment that America has never been that great is really just Cuomo trying to “sound Leftist”. But he’s too unfamiliar with the subject to understand exactly where the Lefty line is and he just went too far with this ham handed comment.

His problem is complicated by the fact that he really is this stupid.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2018, 08:00:58 pm »

Andrew Cuomo is actually more of a centrist. But, he’s facing a credible challenge from the Left in the democrat primary from Cynthia Nixon, a television actress from Sex and the City with considerable celebrity and exposure.

So this comment that America has never been that great is really just Cuomo trying to “sound Leftist”. But he’s too unfamiliar with the subject to understand exactly where the Lefty line is and he just went too far with this ham handed comment.

His problem is complicated by the fact that he really is this stupid.

Who in their right mind would elect an actor to be the Gov of their state?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2018, 09:16:17 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2018, 09:19:13 pm »

@aligncare

Is she one of those women who seemed to decide in her 40's that she is a lesbian,and came out in public to get more starring role and more money?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2018, 11:44:36 pm »
You're familiar with the old quote "It's not whose vote that counts, it's who counts the votes," right?

Well, New York is in the death grip of government-worker labor unions. They control everything about this state, and the decrepit economy that they've ensured through sky-high taxes and onerous regulations forces people to join them or leave town... and a lot of people have left, which is no problem to them, since that means less opposition.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2018, 11:20:58 pm »
Like a lot of people with his political tilt, he seems to want perfection. Or, at least perfection as how he defines it

America is not perfect. But even with it’s imperfections, we’re better off overall than many other parts of the world
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:21:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2018, 11:29:55 pm »

Mario's idiot son, pretty much inherited the job of Governor of New York.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2018, 05:31:21 am »
I think Cuomo is taking a chapter out of the of Michelle Obama book.  She made her comment about about first time she could be proud of her country when they nominated her husband.  Fact is, in the Democommie Party, it pays to denigrate our country.

Not only is America a great country, but I will go further to say that the vast majority of the world today has their freedom due only because of the USA.  Cuomo is an utter idiot to say what he did.  No stepping that foolish comment back!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 05:38:51 am »
@goodwithagun

Sure he gained votes. He was 'getting over on the man'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis