Author Topic: It’s no laughing matter — SF forming Poop Patrol to keep sidewalks clean  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/article/It-s-no-laughing-matter-SF-forming-Poop-13153517.php

It’s no laughing matter — SF forming Poop Patrol to keep sidewalks clean
Heather Knight Aug. 14, 2018

In a city where filthy sidewalks are many residents’ No. 1 complaint, City Hall has come up with a new way to deal with No. 2.

It sounds like silly elementary school banter, but it’s real. San Francisco is about to launch the Poop Patrol.

In about a month, a team of five Public Works staffers will begin patrolling the alleys around Polk Street and other hot spots in a vehicle equipped with a steam cleaner.

They’ll begin their shifts in the afternoon, as the city starts losing its sheen from overnight cleaning. The Poop Patrol’s mission? To spot and clean piles of feces before anybody complains about them.

“We’re trying to be proactive,” explained Public Works director Mohammed Nuru. “We’re actually out there looking for it.”

More at URL above...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The poop patrol needs to start out with a fire hose inside City Hall to wash the people responsible for this out of office.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is there an objection if this is moved out of World News? It's more National News.

MK ULTRA

San Francisco’s decrepit, feces-ridden sidewalks are the residents’ No. 1 complaint -- so the city’s newly elected mayor is creating a new clean up patrol to deal with "No. 2."

Department of Public Works director Mohammed Nuru said the city will spend about $750,000 to search for and clean up human waste.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/15/san-francisco-creates-poop-patrol-to-clean-up-citys-feces-ridden-sidewalks.html

Offline mountaineer

And here he is!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea -- my mistake.
Please move this to National news.

Offline Mod2

Threads merged.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I want to see Nancy and Kamala out there with shovels.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

With DiFi, her Hubby and all their ChiCom buddies in harness dragging the wagons.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Di Fi too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
TomSea -- my mistake.
Please move this to National news.

Isn't there a California news?  I don't want to read this crap.   :silly:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online libertybele

I'm surprised that Trump isn't getting blamed for San Fran's poop problem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline darroll

Why the libs love this bunch is beyond me.
The home-less are taking over whole cities.
We go to town and there are campers mostly on every corner.
They tell the cops to go to the donut shop.
The girls walk with their eye's focused behind them.
One Homeless thing looked like they splashed mud on her feet and legs.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Homelessness is no laughing matter either and this fellow was citing statistics on the radio just the other day.

Most homeless disproportionately are in California, especially LA it seemed. Many are in NY. Then, it largely tapers down quite a bit from there. Maybe the stats are out there, if one searches for them.  It's sad for it to happen anywhere. And I guess, it mostly exists everywhere.

Offline goatprairie

The poop patrol needs to start out with a fire hose inside City Hall to wash the people responsible for this out of office.
:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Homelessness is no laughing matter either and this fellow was citing statistics on the radio just the other day.

Most homeless disproportionately are in California, especially LA it seemed. Many are in NY. Then, it largely tapers down quite a bit from there. Maybe the stats are out there, if one searches for them.  It's sad for it to happen anywhere. And I guess, it mostly exists everywhere.

You get more of what you subsidize.

Online roamer_1

Homelessness is no laughing matter either

* Shrugs *
It's not so bad.
It is more about the state of mind than the conditions.
Minimalism can actually be a very nice way of life.

Offline goatprairie

Do you remember Mitch Snyder the homeless advocate from the early nineties? He claimed there were 2-3 million homeless, and naturally the media swallowed it whole.
Then some person actually checked the numbers. There was actually just about one tenth of the number that Snyder claimed.
With his claim proved wrong and his campaign derailed, Snyder committed suicide shortly later.
So excuse me my skepticism when people claim large numbers of homeless. I'll wait for the facts to come in.