Author Topic: Ellison wins Minnesota AG primary amid late domestic violence allegations  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ellison wins Minnesota AG primary amid late domestic violence allegations
By Lisa Hagen - 08/14/18 10:16 PM EDT

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) is projected to win the Democratic primary for Minnesota attorney general in a race that was marked by late-breaking allegations that he abused an ex-girlfriend, which he denied.

Ellison defeated four Democrats running in the primary to replace Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson, a Democrat who’s running for governor, the Associated Press reported. He won 54 percent of the vote.

The congressman and Vice Chairman of the Democratic National Committee had been considered the front-runner when he announced in June that he’d leave Congress to run for attorney general.

But the race was upended after the son of Ellison's ex-girlfriend posted in Facebook that he watched a video in which Ellison dragged his mother, Karen, off a bed and shouted profanities at her. Karen Monahan appeared to back up her son’s account, tweeting that Ellison knows "you did that to me."

However, Ellison has denied the accusations, saying that the video doesn’t exist because the incident never occurred.

more
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/401831-ellison-wins-minnesota-ag-primary-amid-late-domestic-violence-allegations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

DNC: We’re “reviewing” Ellison abuse allegations as he cruises to victory
Ed Morrissey
Posted at 8:41 am on August 15, 2018

It took the DNC three days to respond to domestic-abuse allegations against its deputy chair — and then, only after most voters in Minnesota had already cast their ballots. With just a couple of hours to go in the primary, the DNC told NPR that it was “reviewing” claims against Keith Ellison ...

Democrats drummed Al Franken out of office for less-serious offenses, although in that case, the emergence of the photograph made it a lot easier to throw him under the bus. They didn’t allow time for a “review,” and even Tom Perez himself demanded Franken leave office without so much as a nod to due process. Miranda’s correct in saying that a “review” is hypocritical stalling.  ...  More at HotAir
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Al Franken never should have resigned. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

By Jericka Duncan
CBS News
August 16, 2018, 7:39 PM
Woman accusing Rep. Keith Ellison of abuse speaks out

Rep. Keith Ellison -- deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee and a candidate for Minnesota attorney general -- has denied allegations that he abused his ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan. On Thursday, Monahan, 44, spoke on camera for the first time about an incident she said happened nearly two years ago.

Monahan said she has video of what happened but that it's too traumatic for her, so she has chosen not to share it with anyone. CBS News has not seen the video.

Monahan said that in September of 2016, she and her then boyfriend, Ellison, got into a heated argument that scared her. She said it started when he came into a room where she was laying on a bed, listening to a podcast. He asked her to take out the trash and when he asked if she heard him, she shook her head.

"He looked at me, goes 'Hey you f***ing hear me … and then he looked at me, he goes 'Bitch, get the f*** out of my house,' and he started to try to drag me off the bed," Monahan said. "That's when I put my camera on to video him."  ...  CBS News

Offline mountaineer

And then there's this:
M. Zuhdi Jasser  Verified account @DrZuhdiJasser
 22h22 hours ago

Hey Minnesota, this is how deep your bench for AG is?

Keith Ellison:
1- Anti-Semite, anti-Israel, Farrakhan protege
2-Domestic abuser #MeToo
3-No valid law license in MN
4-Fundraiser for domestic and global Islamism of #CAIR, #ISNA, #MAS, #KSA, #QATAR
More about him:
...  Consider Ellison’s relationships with the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). Both organizations were named as unindicted co-conspirators in the Holy Land Foundation terror finance case, the largest terror finance case in U.S. history. The case resulted in five individuals getting long prison sentences for financing the U.S.-designated terrorist group Hamas. And Judge Jorge Solis, who tried the case, stated that there was “ample evidence” to establish the association of CAIR and ISNA to Hamas.

Yet Ellison has a long and profitable association with both CAIR, which Ellison has called “a wonderful, aggressive, assertive organization,” and ISNA. Prominent individuals from those organizations have donated over $150,000 to his campaigns. For his part, Ellison has been a featured speaker for CAIR at least 11 times. Notably, the FBI refuses to liaise with CAIR, as it remained unconvinced that CAIR has actually severed all connections with Hamas as CAIR claims to have done.

Similarly, Ellison’s 16-day pilgrimage to Mecca was funded by the Muslim American Society (MAS), described by federal prosecutors as an “overt arm of the Muslim Brotherhood,” which in turn is the parent organization of Hamas. Ellison has also received at least $9,000 in donations from senior leaders of the SAAR Network, a group of firms connected to the Brotherhood that were suspected of laundering money to Islamic Jihad and probably Hamas as well — though the investigation was halted for political reasons. (One SAAR-Network alumnus was later convicted of a plot to assassinate a Saudi prince.) Ellison also personally advocated for Sami al-Arian, a confessed financier of Palestinian Islamic Jihad and a collaborator with the SAAR Network. ...
Full story at Spectator