Author Topic: Trump: If soldiers were ‘real patriots,’ they wouldn’t take a pay raise  (Read 1013 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wow, and no, this isn't one of those 'someone heard someone say they heard someone talk about him saying something' quotes.

I know, I know.. it was just a joke...

'Are these real patriots?': Trump teases most deployed division in the Army over first pay raise in years.....

....."We are proudly giving our troops the biggest pay increase in a decade, and I know you don't want it because you're very patriotic. ... Does anybody not want it? Please raise your hand," Trump said.
When there wasn't much of a response from the crowd of soldiers, who belong to the Army's 10th Mountain Division (the most deployed division in the Army), Trump then said, "What's going on here? Are these real patriots? I don't know, general, I don't know." ....

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-teases-fort-drum-soldiers-over-first-pay-raise-in-years-2018-8

“We are proudly giving our troops the biggest pay increase in a decade,” Trump said. “I know you don’t want it because you’re very patriotic. You’ll say, just save the money. We’re going to pay down debt.”
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:29:53 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mirraflake

He was joking about it.  Bad humour.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I believe he was but stupid.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Bad humor is right.....grrrrr
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In context, and given Trump's consistency on the issue, it's pretty clear this was a joke.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline endicom

I'd have laughed at this when I was a soldier.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Stupid.

No, @Chosen Daughter   Not stupid at all.  Trump is the only President in the last 8 years who truly supports the military (and the police).

He made a clumsy joke but it was not stupid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.