Author Topic: Denny's apologizes after group of black customers refused service  (Read 325 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Denny's apologizes after group of black customers refused service
By Avery Anapol - 08/13/18 08:07 PM EDT

A Florida Denny’s has apologized after a group of black customers were turned away at the restaurant.

Elijah Henderson Jr. told News4Jax that he visited the Lake City Denny’s with a group of about 25 members from his church, and was immediately told by an employee that they would not be able to accommodate them.

Henderson said that there were plenty of other groups in the restaurant, and that he thought his group was being discriminated against.

"Is it the color of my skin? That's where I left it at. Is that a problem? Because everybody else was eating and drinking, and she was, like, 'I am not going to be able to accommodate you all,’” he told the station.

Henderson said that the employee claimed there was only one cashier and one cook working at the time. The employee no longer works at the Denny’s, according to News4Jax.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401674-dennys-apologizes-after-group-of-black-customers-say-they-were
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34