Author Topic: Bill Nelson goes silent amid charges of fabricating Russian hacking claim  (Read 852 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bill Nelson goes silent amid charges of fabricating Russian hacking claim
Washington Times, Aug 13, 2018, James Varney

With early voting beginning Monday in some Florida counties, the Senate race there was jolted as Republican Gov. Rick Scott kept up the pressure on Sen. Bill Nelson’s thus-far unsubstantiated claims that Russian operatives have already compromised Florida elections.

In the hotly contested race, Democratic Sen. Nelson’s comments seemed to dovetail with the narrative of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. elections —international shenanigans many in the American intelligence community have concluded were real.

But Mr. Nelson’s pointed remarks triggered a storm of protest not only from his Republican challenger, Mr. Scott, but from other Florida officials, too.

Mr. Scott spent the weekend hammering Mr. Nelson for his claims last Tuesday that “Russians are in Florida’s elections records,” and that they had “already penetrated certain counties in the state and they now have free rein to move about.”  The senator offered no specifics or evidence for his bombshell, and when pressed to do so demurred on the ground it was “classified.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/13/bill-nelson-goes-silent-amid-charges-fabricating-r/

Online Right_in_Virginia

When the hell are we going to demand an end to early voting???

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And this fool was an Astronaught.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Supposedly early voting began to eliminate long lines and accommodate more voters.  It would seem that opening up more polling places would alleviate the problem, but then 'they' claimed that would be cost prohibitive, which doesn't make sense, because the existing polling places have to stay open now for a week or so, instead of just for 'election day'.

It's a sham and it has been all along.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Why should we want to do that?  It works just fine here in Texas.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Why should we want to do that?  It works just fine here in Texas.

Ah ... because there are 49 other states and they're not all working just fine??

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ah ... because there are 49 other states and they're not all working just fine??

Well then you should work to get the law changed in your state.  Voting laws are state issues.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Well then you should work to get the law changed in your state.  Voting laws are state issues.

No one's gonna mess with Texas @Bigun   Promise.   :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No one's gonna mess with Texas @Bigun   Promise.   :laugh:

That is a very wise thing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien