Author Topic: They Are Not Never Trump – They Are Never You  (Read 2203 times)

Offline endicom

They Are Not Never Trump – They Are Never You
« on: August 13, 2018, 07:17:52 pm »
Townhall
Kurt Schlichter
Aug. 13, 2018

The recent utterly unsurprising utter capitulation by the Fredocons to the SJW/tech/media campaign to deplatform and silence any right-wing voice who is not trying to sell you a cruise cabin is a symptom of a bigger problem. It’s not a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome, though Trump has utterly deranged these pointy-headed geeks. It is a symptom of Conservative, Inc.’s contempt for you.

The dethroned conservagimps are angry with you. Donald Trump is not really the issue. He’s just a convenient target for those these establishment sissies. They truly despise you.

You.

They hate you because you refuse to honor and respect them, to validate their cheesy status within the Beltway hierarchy, and to acknowledge them as your betters. Your pig-headed uppityness has disrupted their scam. The old paradigm, the model of go-along/get-along and feed the crackers out there in America articles about lib outrages to keep them writing checks, no longer cuts it. You’ve stripped them of their status by holding them accountable for their failure to fight for conservatism, and for us.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/08/13/they-are-not-never-trump--they-are-never-you-n2509229

Online corbe

Re: They Are Not Never Trump – They Are Never You
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 07:35:37 pm »
   I want some of what Kurt is smoking!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:39:40 pm »

Naw, it just makes people angry and defensive.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:44:04 pm »

Sounds like he has a pretty good handle on things regardless of what he's smoking.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 07:45:44 pm »

He's smoking the likes of Will and Stephens. And touting his book.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 07:47:02 pm »
I like Kurt most of the time and he does occassionally make a good point (e.g. buy guns and ammo) but it's getting more difficult to get past the middle school bombast to find it.  I expect his next book cover to feature him in a long blonde wig and a lil' black cocktail dress. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »
Townhall
Kurt Schlichter
Aug. 13, 2018

The recent utterly unsurprising utter capitulation by the Fredocons to the SJW/tech/media campaign to deplatform and silence any right-wing voice who is not trying to sell you a cruise cabin is a symptom of a bigger problem. It’s not a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome, though Trump has utterly deranged these pointy-headed geeks. It is a symptom of Conservative, Inc.’s contempt for you.

The dethroned conservagimps are angry with you. Donald Trump is not really the issue. He’s just a convenient target for those these establishment sissies. They truly despise you.

You.

They hate you because you refuse to honor and respect them, to validate their cheesy status within the Beltway hierarchy, and to acknowledge them as your betters. Your pig-headed uppityness has disrupted their scam. The old paradigm, the model of go-along/get-along and feed the crackers out there in America articles about lib outrages to keep them writing checks, no longer cuts it. You’ve stripped them of their status by holding them accountable for their failure to fight for conservatism, and for us.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/08/13/they-are-not-never-trump--they-are-never-you-n2509229
-----------------------------------
Whole lotta grammar and syntax to digest here;
yet Schlichter is essentially on the mark.
The word conservative has become a ping-pong ball particularly
in the media and especially among the yip-yap gang at FOX.
Few if any of them could articulate a conservative principle, even
if their life depended on it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »
This is classic (and textbook) cult like manipulation. Very similar to how the left was with Obama. They claimed you didn't oppose Obama, you opposed 'black people' (or whatever). This made followers personalize any opposition to Obama as opposition (or hatred) to them personally. This is the same kind of techniques Scientology uses.

Totalism- https://aeon.co/essays/how-cult-leaders-brainwash-followers-for-total-control
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:59:42 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 08:14:14 pm »
A most insightful and excellent essay.  Thanks for posting @endicom

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 08:30:39 pm »
Sounds like he has a pretty good handle on things regardless of what he's smoking.
Yep!

The old paradigm, the model of go-along/get-along and feed the crackers out there in America articles about lib outrages to keep them writing checks, no longer cuts it. You’ve stripped them of their status by holding them accountable for their failure to fight for conservatism, and for us.

Pretty much explains how I can so easily 'file 13' Party fundraising appeals without so much as opening them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
If he's making a point...it gets lost in all the childish unintelligent name calling and sounding like some school yard bully.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:33:01 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 08:34:02 pm »
If he's making a point...it gets lost in all the childish unintelligent name calling.
It's pretty hard to find commentary without sorting through the name-calling any more. Why I no longer watch politics on TV. Too many rocks in my house, and TVs are too expensive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 11:09:28 pm »
“Fredocons”

“Conservagimps”

This guy is one of the worst & most annoying writers I’ve ever seen.  He’s another Trump fan overflowing with rage  that his guy won.  And he loads his crap with those dumb, cutesy invented words that he no doubt thinks are the pinnacle of humor.

I don’t even know what the hell a Fredocon is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 11:12:16 pm »
If he's making a point...it gets lost in all the childish unintelligent name calling and sounding like some school yard bully.

@txradioguy

Thank you.  It’s stupid.

You could flick that guy under his chin and make his lips quiver.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:39 pm »
-----------------------------------
Whole lotta grammar and syntax to digest here;
yet Schlichter is essentially on the mark.
The word conservative has become a ping-pong ball particularly
in the media and especially among the yip-yap gang at FOX.
Few if any of them could articulate a conservative principle, even
if their life depended on it.

Yep!

Schlicter is 'Nitro' on the forum, because he "....is essentially on the mark".

A male 'Ann Coulter'.

Like oil and water with some of our more 'irritated' members.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 11:25:07 pm »
Yep!

A male 'Ann Coulter'.

Like those who like to pour gasoline on an otherwise rational conversation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 11:25:17 pm »
Yep!

A male 'Ann Coulter'.

Umm Ann Coulter in her normal fashion has turned on Trump and now bashed him.

Better find a different comparison for this babbling idiot.

When An insults you she does it in an intelligent way.

This guy...not so much. Which is probably why he appeals to you so much.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 11:32:49 pm »
Like those who like to pour gasoline on an otherwise rational conversation.

I'll ALWAYS show up on a Schlicter thread.

It's true....when the writer is using unflattering terms to describe behavior hitting too close to the reader, their brain shuts down and cannot accept input because of the anger/distraction.

...works every time.

That's why some of our members on the thread have a 'problem'.    wink777
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:03:09 am by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:37 pm »
Umm Ann Coulter in her normal fashion has turned on Trump and now bashed him.

Better find a different comparison for this babbling idiot.

When An insults you she does it in an intelligent way.

This guy...not so much. Which is probably why he appeals to you so much.

Go ahead and insult and stalk me.

Merely mentioned Coulter because of her bite....nothing else.

What a pathetic little boy you are.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:49 pm »
Well, the following is well-written and exposes the nub of his thesis.  This may very well be the "money quote":

They hate you because you refuse to honor and respect them, to validate their cheesy status within the Beltway hierarchy, and to acknowledge them as your betters. Your pig-headed uppityness has disrupted their scam.    The old paradigm, the model of go-along/get-along and feed the crackers out there in America articles about lib outrages to keep them writing checks, no longer cuts it. You’ve stripped them of their status by holding them accountable for their failure to fight for conservatism, and for us.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:38 pm »
Kurt Schlichter

There was a Dr. Schlichter von Koenigswald in Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:17 pm »
Yep!

A male 'Ann Coulter'.

@DCPatriot

No.  I’m not a shrinking violet.  Nitro I can take, as long as it’s not dumb.  Schlichter is dumb.  Not to mention corny and cheesy.

He tweeted that everybody will read this article.

Lol, wrong.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 11:57:30 pm »

It's true....when the writer is using unflattering terms to describe behavior hitting too close to the reader, their brain shuts down and cannot accept input because of the anger/distraction.

@DCPatriot

Lol, DC, anger?  You could see the guy foaming at the mouth as he typed.  That’s why you and some others like him.  You’re mad that Trump won and Schlichter’s type is an outlet.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:14 am »
@DCPatriot

No.  I’m not a shrinking violet.  Nitro I can take, as long as it’s not dumb.  Schlichter is dumb.  Not to mention corny and cheesy.

He tweeted that everybody will read this article.

Lol, wrong.

Didn't suggest anyone was a shrinking violet. 

I suggested some find him irritating.   Thanks for your assistance in proving the point.   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 12:02:11 am »
@DCPatriot

Lol, DC, anger?  You could see the guy foaming at the mouth as he typed.  That’s why you and some others like him.  You’re mad that Trump won and Schlichter’s type is an outlet.

Whatever are you talking about, dear?    :shrug: