Author Topic: Company to ship Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figures in October  (Read 1449 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Company to ship Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figures in October
« on: August 13, 2018, 02:41:47 pm »
By Aris Folley - 08/13/18 10:37 AM EDT

A company that created a successful Kickstarter campaign to make a Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figure says it is planning to ship the products in October.

Fctry, a product incubator based in Brooklyn, N.Y., initially hoped to raise $15,000 to create the “Notorious RBG” superhero but instead raised over $613,700 on its Kickstarter crowdfunding page.

Zoe Cronin, the company’s marketing coordinator, said it was "shocking" that the funding campaign reached the initial goal in less than an hour.

“The $15,000 is really the base level of what we need to begin production,” Cronin told AM New York. “We actually hit that in under an hour of starting the project, which was kind of shocking.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401544-company-to-ship-ruth-bader-ginsburg-action-figures-in-october
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

Re: Company to ship Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figures in October
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:47:03 pm »
They are missing out on a marketing opportunity by not offering a second seated version, leaning slightly forward with the head horizontal, bobblehead.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:49:17 pm »
Oh my Lord.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 03:27:13 pm »
They are missing out on a marketing opportunity by not offering a second seated version, leaning slightly forward with the head horizontal, bobblehead.

One double a battery required for the snoring sound effects.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 04:28:08 pm »
Why is the "action" figure holding an American flag? Maybe a UN or EU flag would be more appropriate.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »

She's leaning left.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 05:21:20 pm »
Darn it!  Too bad they didn't make on of her 'bench pressing' or doing 'planks' ... now that would be a seriously fun action figure to have! :rolling: :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 05:25:11 pm »
I receive a music catalog every couple of months. The latest one has a classical CD of works based on RBGs life and her legal writings. Good grief!!!   :silly: :silly: :silly:
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 05:29:02 pm »
I receive a music catalog every couple of months. The latest one has a classical CD of works based on RBGs life and her legal writings. Good grief!!!   :silly: :silly: :silly:

Good thing about most of her legal writings, public domain. Someone probably was trying to cheap out on content creation.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 05:32:55 pm »
She's leaning left.

Leaning????????

She's full-throated and we've upgraded the figure to be more lifelike and accurate:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 05:38:14 pm »
Leaning????????

She's full-throated and we've upgraded the figure to be more lifelike and accurate:

Much better!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »

She's leaning left.

Well, that is her right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 08:22:02 pm »
I've never associated "action" and Justice Ginsburg together before...ever.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:52 pm »
I've never associated "action" and Justice Ginsburg together before...ever.
Sounds as thrilling as watching this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187513/

GI Joe will look like The Flash in comparison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 10:00:39 pm »
I swear she could be part of the Weeping Angels. A race of predatory creatures who are quantum locked.  She will only move when no one is watching.  So don't blink or turn off the lights.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 10:04:29 pm »
I swear she could be part of the Weeping Angels. A race of predatory creatures who are quantum locked.  She will only move when no one is watching.  So don't blink or turn off the lights.
Best Dr. Who episode EVER!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 10:10:43 pm »
If I had a bag of 'em they'd probably melt as well as those toy plastic soldiers I had in the early '60's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 10:15:04 pm »
If I had a bag of 'em they'd probably melt as well as those toy plastic soldiers I had in the early '60's.
Yeah. Wouldn't want to get caught using RBG 'action figures' for BB-gun targets nowadays....

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 12:31:35 am »
By Aris Folley - 08/13/18 10:37 AM EDT

A company that created a successful Kickstarter campaign to make a Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg action figure says it is planning to ship the products in October.

Fctry, a product incubator based in Brooklyn, N.Y., initially hoped to raise $15,000 to create the “Notorious RBG” superhero but instead raised over $613,700 on its Kickstarter crowdfunding page.

Zoe Cronin, the company’s marketing coordinator, said it was "shocking" that the funding campaign reached the initial goal in less than an hour.

“The $15,000 is really the base level of what we need to begin production,” Cronin told AM New York. “We actually hit that in under an hour of starting the project, which was kind of shocking.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401544-company-to-ship-ruth-bader-ginsburg-action-figures-in-october

Lmao