Author Topic: White House Reportedly Looking into Legal Options Regarding Omarosa Tapes. History is Not on Their S  (Read 1512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

White House Reportedly Looking into Legal Options Regarding Omarosa Tapes. History is Not on Their Side.
by Ronn Blitzer | 8:31 am, August 13th, 2018

White House officials are looking into legal options with regards to preventing Omarosa Manigault Newman from releasing more of the recordings she made during her stint working for President Donald Trump, according to an ABC News report. The former Apprentice contestant has been teasing various comments and conversations that were allegedly made in the White House, in promotion of soon-to-be-released book, and has used the existence of recorded discussions as a means to give credence to her claims.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders addressed the recordings, which include one where Chief of Staff John Kelly fired Omarosa. A newly-released conversation with Trump himself that Omarosa shared Monday morning made it seem that the president had been unaware of the dismissal before it happened.

more
https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/white-house-reportedly-looking-into-legal-options-for-omarosa-tapes-history-is-not-on-their-side/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well if Trump hadn't turned the Presidency into a reality show perhaps he wouldn't have had these liberals serving him.  Drawing from Apprentice looks like a huge mistake.  But she's a only the best pretty African American reality star.  One that was Democrat until 2015.

Unfortunately no matter how much Trump is liked he makes poor choices.

To me the obvious is that he needed to choose men and women who are dedicated to Conservatism.  Instead he spends his time hating them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:39:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Does D.C. have a law that makes it illegal for someone to record a 2nd party without the 2nd party's knowledge and permission?

If such a law exists, the president ought to prosecute that woman's behind ...!

Offline goodwithagun

Well if Trump hadn't turned the Presidency into a reality show perhaps he wouldn't have had these liberals serving him.  Drawing from Apprentice looks like a huge mistake.  But she's a only the best pretty African American reality star.  One that was Democrat until 2015.

Unfortunately no matter how much Trump is liked he makes poor choices.

To me the obvious is that he needed to choose men and women who are dedicated to Conservatism.  Instead he spends his time hating them.

Only the best people . . .
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

Does D.C. have a law that makes it illegal for someone to record a 2nd party without the 2nd party's knowledge and permission?

If such a law exists, the president ought to prosecute that woman's behind ...!

Nope.  Both federal and DC law are "one-party consent" (meaning it's okay to record as long as one of the parties is consenting).

Disclaimer: IANAL
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goodwithagun

Nope.  Both federal and DC law are "one-party consent" (meaning it's okay to record as long as one of the parties is consenting).

And one of the party can be the one recording. I could be wrong, but I think this stems from a child abuse case.p in which the abused child hid a recorder ina toy. Again, feel free to call my bluff.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Looks like Trump effectively hired the enemy within.  Without even checking her resume.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

Looks like Trump effectively hired the enemy within.  Without even checking her resume.

This is not the parable of the Frog and the Scorpion. A scorpion hired another scorpion IMO. My only question is, "how in Hades was she allowed into the Situation Room with her cell phone?"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Only the best people . . .

The fact you used 18 point type proves that you hate Trump.

22222frying pan

Just wanted to beat the Orange Brigadiers to the punch. Carry on.   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

I think that either Deep State or the GOPe forced Trump to hire Omarosa.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think that either Deep State or the GOPe forced Trump to hire Omarosa.

Must be what draining the swamp means.  Destroying careers of good Conservatives and hiring liberals that worked on Hillary Clintons campaign.  Bringing on his very liberal Independent daughter and son in law as Advisors.  How many other hard core liberals does he have working for him waiting to shock the Republican party?

Is it any wonder that he says he won't sign legislation and then he does?  That he says one thing and does another.  Stringing along the faithful. 

I think absolutely he could destroy the Republican party from within.  He still has lots of time to do it.  It is one thing after another.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:35:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
As said elsewhere, recording the Executive Branch, things like that seems like it should be illegal.  Not just local or state laws regarding recording others.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Espionage. What she did is defined by every country in the world as Espionage. She needs to get on her knees and thank God profusely that she lives in America.

In any other country on Earth, she would be executed for this. And people are executed for doing this all the time all over the world with no notice or headlines.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Getting on her knees would not be new to this skank.

But, people who thought they were invulnerable are being punished.  Peter actually has a GoFund me account because he was bumped from his FBI job where he thought he was safe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Trump campaign is suing Omarosa for millions after her tell-all book and recordings set off a firestorm

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,328156.msg1767027/topicseen.html#msg1767027
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Are making secret recordings OK in a SKIF?  I'm not a lawyer, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Are making secret recordings OK in a SKIF?  I'm not a lawyer, either.

I'm far from current, but in my day you couldn't even have any sort of recording device inside a SKIF.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm far from current, but in my day you couldn't even have any sort of recording device inside a SKIF.

It seems to me carrying a cell phone in one is a major violation.  You can't even carry a thumb drive in a SKIF.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It seems to me carrying a cell phone in one is a major violation.  You can't even carry a thumb drive in a SKIF.

I agree! But where do you go to complain when the entire top level of the DOJ is corrupt to the core?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Omar has made the government aware that they are not to be trusted.
Try getting anywhere close to a meeting today carrying spy equipment. Not going to happen.
You would sooner be shot dead.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.