Author Topic: Mend the GOP, Don’t Burn It Down  (Read 3822 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Mend the GOP, Don’t Burn It Down
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 11:22:36 pm »
The GOP today is much stronger, than in 1964.

It's strong liberal-democrat Statist party. Yes.   It has been given power over all three branches, and outspent Obama and the Democrats while handing them most of their agenda.

Now that they are virtually indistinguishable from big-spending Democrats of course they are stronger.  It's a uniparty.

Either run, help somebody that runs, or get out of the way.

Your party leadership already told us they want us gone from your party unless we just vote for the liberals they hoist upon us and to shut up about morality and fiscal responsibility.

So, we're out of your way in terms of intra-party arguments.

Now it's just a battle for the soul of what remains of the definition of Conservative.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 11:58:43 pm »
Besides, we were told to our faces, to shut up, sit down, vote for whom they tell us to vote for or get the hell out of their party. 

I dunno if this is based on some personal experience you had, but I've never had anyone tell me to vote for a certain Republican or "get the hell out of their party".  Ever.  Nor have I seen that pushed widely in the media.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 01:29:22 am »
I dunno if this is based on some personal experience you had, but I've never had anyone tell me to vote for a certain Republican or "get the hell out of their party".  Ever.  Nor have I seen that pushed widely in the media.

So many times, I've lost count.  McConnell himself said we needed to be punched in the nose for daring to primary him with Bevin, right before he set his Team Mitch minions to infiltrate the grassroots Tea Parties and take them over or wipe them out.

Then there is the countless numbers of essays and articles by Establishment hacks and party morons who have told us that Christian Social Conservatives are an embarrassment to the party and that they wish we would just get out of the party because we are dragging it down.

The contempt that the party leadership demonstrated towards us when we tried to hold their feet to the fires of campaign promises and mantras like 'repeal root and branch' was palpable and intense.  Notwithstanding the countless insistences that we must hold our nose and vote for the GOP liberal because if we do not, then we are voting for Democrats or Hillary or whatever and that we are the 'enemy' and 'will be remembered when the time comes'.

I spent years under the misguided notion that we could reform the party from within, but when the rules were rewritten to ensure that could never happen - it was clear that taken in total - it was past time to kick the dust off my shoes and invest my time, money and efforts doing something new, somewhere else.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:30:05 am by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:39 am »
So many times, I've lost count.  McConnell himself said we needed to be punched in the nose for daring to primary him with Bevin, right before he set his Team Mitch minions to infiltrate the grassroots Tea Parties and take them over or wipe them out.

Then there is the countless numbers of essays and articles by Establishment hacks and party morons who have told us that Christian Social Conservatives are an embarrassment to the party and that they wish we would just get out of the party because we are dragging it down.

The contempt that the party leadership demonstrated towards us when we tried to hold their feet to the fires of campaign promises and mantras like 'repeal root and branch' was palpable and intense.  Notwithstanding the countless insistences that we must hold our nose and vote for the GOP liberal because if we do not, then we are voting for Democrats or Hillary or whatever and that we are the 'enemy' and 'will be remembered when the time comes'.

I spent years under the misguided notion that we could reform the party from within, but when the rules were rewritten to ensure that could never happen - it was clear that taken in total - it was past time to kick the dust off my shoes and invest my time, money and efforts doing something new, somewhere else.

...and you don't even have McStain for a Senator.... 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 01:37:11 am »

I spent years under the misguided notion that we could refor2m the party from within, but when the rules were rewritten to ensure that could never happen - it was clear that taken in total - it was past time to kick the dust off my shoes and invest my time, money and efforts doing something new, somewhere else.

And you failed to even mention the continual meddling in state party primaries.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 03:47:38 am »

I got McConnell.

Same hair-pulling rage.

And you failed to even mention the continual meddling in state party primaries.

That's a given.  I don't forget what Mitch and pals did to place senile Thad Cochrane in a seat to defeat Chris McDaniel by working hand-in-hand with Democrats to destroy McDaniel.

There is no reforming the Republican Party.  It is beyond saving and now only exists to be a temporary home of disaffected liberal Democrats not quite ready to embrace overt Marxism.

Online DB

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 04:16:18 am »

That book is about to be closed.

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 04:33:01 am »
   All of us here knew how ripe the RNC was for picking, Trump got the apple, it's his party now.

My reasoning is very similar Find a Party Platform you can get behind with valid legal voter access and hope like hell Conservative Stalwarts like Cruz, Lee, Meadows, Jordan among others, bolt the GOP for greener pastures, we're not gonna win it all but I think we'd have a better shot at power sharing in Congress.

https://www.constitutionparty.com/principles/platform-preamble/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 04:57:32 am »
   All of us here knew how ripe the RNC was for picking, Trump got the apple, it's his party now.

My reasoning is very similar Find a Party Platform you can get behind with valid legal voter access and hope like hell Conservative Stalwarts like Cruz, Lee, Meadows, Jordan among others, bolt the GOP for greener pastures, we're not gonna win it all but I think we'd have a better shot at power sharing in Congress.

https://www.constitutionparty.com/principles/platform-preamble/

Team Mitch has done and is doing everything they can to prevent the Constitution Party from being on the ballot.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 05:01:38 am »
I dunno if this is based on some personal experience you had, but I've never had anyone tell me to vote for a certain Republican or "get the hell out of their party".  Ever.

You must not have spent much time at TOS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 05:03:39 am »
Bottom line - I'm not supporting a liberal party.  So as long as the Republican Party chooses to be a liberal party (see:  trillion dollar deficit), then there is no way in hell I am supporting that.  Ever.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 06:01:28 am »
Bottom line - I'm not supporting a liberal party.  So as long as the Republican Party chooses to be a liberal party (see:  trillion dollar deficit), then there is no way in hell I am supporting that.  Ever.

Purist.

But look on the bright side, we get to enjoy our irrelevancy and loneliness while the circus car and party train roll on without us... to that end of line cliff just over yonder where there's no bridge over the bottomless chasm of economic collapse.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 07:14:38 pm »
----------------------------------------
An observation.
Were the GOP a Classical Liberal Party, akin to that of 19th
century Britain, led by the likes of Palmerston and Gladstone;
that would likely be acceptable to many. But it isn't.
Rather, from inception, the GOP has been a party of crony
capitalism and its political history testifies to that reality.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 08:46:31 pm »

Okay...but until they do so, should we not vote for them because they're Republicans?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 09:57:14 pm »
Okay...but until they do so, should we not vote for them because they're Republicans?

When one decides to quit smoking, one does not go out and keep buying cigarettes.

Online corbe

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »
   I will probably vote for Cruz in the Midterms but only because his poll numbers have convinced me he needs me, otherwise I'm a stay at home voter, it is an exercise in futility, just doesn't seem to change the status quo, which suxs.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 10:11:22 pm »
   I will probably vote for Cruz in the Midterms but only because his poll numbers have convinced me he needs me, otherwise I'm a stay at home voter, it is an exercise in futility, just doesn't seem to change the status quo, which suxs.

I will vote for Cruz because I'm convinced he actually is a conservative and it makes no difference to me what letter is behind his name.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 10:18:07 pm »
   Cruz is one of the few 'good' guys we got left @Bigun though I'm still pissed he gave my info to the RNC after that balmy Tuesday night in Indiana in 2016. 
   The glass is still half full, I think all this Beto crap is hype, he still wins by +10%.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 10:25:00 pm »
   Cruz is one of the few 'good' guys we got left @Bigun though I'm still pissed he gave my info to the RNC after that balmy Tuesday night in Indiana in 2016. 
   The glass is still half full, I think all this Beto crap is hype, he still wins by +10%.

I hope you're right, @corbe.  I'm concerned.  I expect him to win, but Francis is gathering more steam than I would have figured.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 10:27:23 pm »
I hope you're right, @corbe.  I'm concerned.  I expect him to win, but Francis is gathering more steam than I would have figured.

I sincerely wish that the only thing I had to worry about was whether or not Ted Cruz will win in November!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »
I sincerely wish that the only thing I had to worry about was whether or not Ted Cruz will win in November!

@Bigun, you doing OK? 

Online corbe

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 10:56:53 pm »
   @Sanguine my prophecies have proved way wrong in the past, *Cruz calling Trump down to Texas, totally missed that one and just 4 months ago I was predicting another 20% victory like Abbott and Barbie in 2016.
   I've since 'curbed my enthusiasm'.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 01:41:46 am »
@Bigun, you doing OK?

@sanquine

Yes.  I'm fine.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 02:07:52 am »
@sanquine

Yes.  I'm fine.

Good.  Just checking.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 02:21:20 am »

- J. R. R. Tolkien