Author Topic: EXERCISING TOO MUCH COULD WORSEN MENTAL HEALTH, STUDY SUGGESTS  (Read 352 times)

Offline Suppressed

EXERCISING TOO MUCH COULD WORSEN MENTAL HEALTH, STUDY SUGGESTS
RACHEL HOSIE  @rachel_hosie  3 days ago

t’s a widely-held belief that exercise improves mental health, and a new study of 1.2 million Americans has added significant weight to the theory.

However, the researchers also found that exercising too much actually has a detrimental effect on one’s mental wellness.

The study, conducted by Yale University and the University of Oxford and published in The Lancet Psychiatry Journal, concluded that people who exercise report having 1.5 fewer days of poor mental health a month, compared to people who do not exercise at all.

[...]

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/exercising-too-much-worsen-mental-health-study-a8484126.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: EXERCISING TOO MUCH COULD WORSEN MENTAL HEALTH, STUDY SUGGESTS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:12:07 pm »
Gee, I don't know How to break this to the Esteemed Researchers but anyone who's stuck with an exercise program Does figure it out on their own fairly quick.

The human body needs time to Recover from exercise.

The benefits of exercise kick in as the body is rebuilding and Overcompensating from the stretching and micro Damage exercise inflicts on it.

Picking up heavy weights, cycling, running etc do not build muscle.

The body with proper rest and nutrition does it After the owner pushes that body.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com