Author Topic: Zinke takes forestry fight to fire-ravaged California  (Read 675 times)

Online corbe

Zinke takes forestry fight to fire-ravaged California
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:55:38 pm »
Zinke takes forestry fight to fire-ravaged California

By Miranda Green - 08/12/18 05:42 PM EDT

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is seizing on California’s wildfires to promote a policy long-supported by Republicans -- that fires could be stopped if forests were logged.

The former Montana congressman is poised to push the benefits of what’s known as forest management at an event with Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue in California on Monday next to the state's largest forest fire in history.

Yet it's not just the blaze that makes the trip important for Zinke and Perdue.

Galvanized by President Trump's recent tweets on the issue and a looming farm bill vote in the House that carries a number of amendments that could open up logging, the new push is also a golden political opportunity, one that environmentalists are calling foul on.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/401355-zinke-takes-forest-fight-to-fire-ravaged-california
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Zinke takes forestry fight to fire-ravaged California
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:53 pm »

The House version of the farm bill that passed June 21 includes provisions that would fast track new road construction and commercial logging in national forests. Additionally, the bill would exempt dozens of projects in national forests from full environmental review.

YES!

Offline darroll

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:24:25 pm »
The Indians told us how to manage our forests.
Burn the duff just before the snow flies.
The fires would be about two inches high and not be able to crown.
Try doing that with duff several feet thick.
The Pi$$ fur willies know forest management.... sure. Just like running Amtrak.
Then they give the fire fighters baked potato suits if the fire gets too close.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:25:34 pm by darroll »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:56 pm »
The brave hardworking firefighters are due huge gratitude.

Very rugged, dry terrain, very hot temps; made more difficult to satisfy environmental extremists.

See the film, "Only the Brave."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:04:36 pm »
:amen:

That's gonna drive the enviro-statists nuts.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 10:13:30 pm »

I envision a whole new budding crop of Julia "Butterfly" Hill wannabee's.  Snowflakes in the tree's as far as the eye can see. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 10:15:59 pm »
Fine, as long as he reinstitutes the State run nuthouse system.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 10:36:51 pm »
The radical environmentalists are the reason these fires get bigger and bigger every year.

The loggers aren't allowed to remove fallen trees....they aren't even allowed to remove the charred timber from the previous years fires.

The moment a logging company tries to do that...the eco-Statists sue the Feds to stop the logging.

Then they get either the state or the Federal interior departments to destroy logging/access roads into the forests that the fire fighters could use to get to the fire and fight it better than having to wait for it to come to them.

I remember during the Clinton years there was a dozer operator that was arrested and fined for cutting a fire road through an area to let the fire fighters get in and put out a blaze that had flared up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline darroll

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 11:00:10 pm »
The radical environmentalists are the reason these fires get bigger and bigger every year.

The loggers aren't allowed to remove fallen trees....they aren't even allowed to remove the charred timber from the previous years fires.

The moment a logging company tries to do that...the eco-Statists sue the Feds to stop the logging.

Then they get either the state or the Federal interior departments to destroy logging/access roads into the forests that the fire fighters could use to get to the fire and fight it better than having to wait for it to come to them.

I remember during the Clinton years there was a dozer operator that was arrested and fined for cutting a fire road through an area to let the fire fighters get in and put out a blaze that had flared up.
Yes..
Don't forget the anti miners. They pressured the Forest Service to close the roads either by fence or by not maintaining them.
I remember a movie with a night scene showing eyeballs every where at night. This is also true with the squatters living in the woods.
Some kids go into the woods and party and leave a truck load of garbage behind for the FS to clean up.
By closing the woods they have to rely on aircraft to drop wet water as they can't have boots on the ground. When I was a kid they pulled the boys (Including male tourists) out of school to fight the fires. I think I got a buck a day.