Author Topic: Poll: 63% of Dems Don’t Know Manafort Isn’t on Trial for ‘Collusion with Russia’  (Read 621 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Poll: 63% of Dems Don’t Know Manafort Isn’t on Trial for ‘Collusion with Russia’
CNS News, Aug 10, 2018, Craig Bannister

A majority of U.S. adults do not know that Paul Manafort is not on trial for “collusion with Russia,” a new poll by The Economist/YouGov Poll reveals.

Manafort, a former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, is currently on trial facing charges including tax evasion, bank fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States – but, not “collusion with Russia.”

In the national survey of 1,500 adults, conducted August 5-7, 2018, respondents were asked:

“From what you know about it now, is Paul Manafort charged with crimes directly related to allegations of collusion with Russia in the 2016 Presidential election or are the charges about something else?”

Democrats were the most likely (29%) to erroneously think that Manafort is on trial for collusion with Russia, compared to 17% of Independents and 13% of Republicans. In all, 20% of survey respondents cited “collusion.”

Another 41% of those surveyed said they were “not sure” what charges Manafort is facing. When those who weren’t sure are added in, 63% of Democrats, 66% of Independents, and 61% of all respondents did not know Manafort is not on trial for collusion with Russia.

More:  https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/poll-63-dems-dont-know-manafort-isnt-trial-collusion-russia

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
63% of Democrats don't know what day it is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
63% of Democrats don't know what day it is.

Or which way is up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

US Media: Mission Accomplished