Author Topic: Republicans keep winning. So why are they so nervous about November?  (Read 845 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans keep winning. So why are they so nervous about November?
by W. James Antle III
 | August 08, 2018 01:31 PM

If Troy Balderson’s slim margin in Ohio’s 12th Congressional District holds up, Republicans will have prevailed in all but one of the seriously contested special elections for the House that have taken place since President Trump has been in office.

“The Republicans have now won 8 out of 9 House Seats, yet if you listen to the Fake News Media you would think we are being clobbered,” Trump tweeted on Wednesday. The president was continuing a victory lap that began when all the candidates he endorsed in several Republican primaries and the Ohio special election appeared to have won.

“If I find the time [to campaign for more GOP candidates], in between China, Iran, the Economy and much more, which I must, we will have a giant Red Wave!” Trump enthused.

Yet virtually no other reputable political observer sees a red wave coming. If anything, the Democrats’ prospects in the midterm elections have improved in recent weeks even as Trump’s job approval rating — still underwater nationally — appears to have stabilized in the 40s.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-keep-winning-so-why-are-they-so-nervous-about-november
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Republicans keep winning. So why are they so nervous about November?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:48:25 pm »
Because they know they haven't done their jobs, and we might repeat the great Republican stay-home turnout of '06?
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 06:09:12 pm »
Because they know they haven't done their jobs, and we might repeat the great Republican stay-home turnout of '06?

:thumbsup:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »

That there is the one and only reason.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 06:46:57 pm »

^^THIS!

I find no purposeful reason to vote FOR Republicans, and I am forever done holding my nose to cast a vote for them just to block a Democrat.

They have forsaken their responsibilities to lead as they promised to, so they do not deserve my trust or vote.

If we have a repeat of '06 - it cannot be said it was not well-deserved and self-inflicted.

Their party just needs to go the way of the Whigs or get folded into the Democrat party where they are obviously more comfortable governing from.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »
^^THIS!

I find no purposeful reason to vote FOR Republicans, and I am forever done holding my nose to cast a vote for them just to block a Democrat.

They have forsaken their responsibilities to lead as they promised to, so they do not deserve my trust or vote.

If we have a repeat of '06 - it cannot be said it was not well-deserved and self-inflicted.

Their party just needs to go the way of the Whigs or get folded into the Democrat party where they are obviously more comfortable governing from.

I'm thrilled with our state GOP. Since we took over they've passed everything needed except welfare reform. They are the main reason I still vote.

Congress has been abysmal for the most part, although my reps have held their own.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 07:30:34 pm »
I'm thrilled with our state GOP. Since we took over they've passed everything needed except welfare reform. They are the main reason I still vote.

Congress has been abysmal for the most part, although my reps have held their own.

Our state GOP has governed like Democrats, overriding their own governor's veto and passing tax increases and eradicating tax exemptions for churches and non-profits who now have to pay taxes on everything from donations to bake sales.  The Fancy Farm church picnic had to pay $30,000 estimated tax for their annual picnic proceeds.

Nope.  I got no reason to vote for Republicans here or nationally.

My efforts are being spent elsewhere.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 07:36:17 pm »
Nope.  I got no reason to vote for Republicans here or nationally.

My efforts are being spent elsewhere

:laughingdog:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 07:56:06 pm »
:laughingdog:

Yes.  Good.  Laugh.

My significant monetary contributions and time that the GOP once had for decades and took for granted while holding my principles in contempt (that you also are disgusted by), now goes elsewhere.

Not to your party or it's candidates.

I'm glad you find that amusing because it solidifies the fact I made the right decision dumping the GOP.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 08:39:58 pm »
That there is the one and only reason.

I think keeping the donations flowing in is a reason as well.  If they said "don't worry, we got this", the money dries up.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 10:15:10 pm »
I think keeping the donations flowing in is a reason as well.  If they said "don't worry, we got this", the money dries up.

It is never a good thing to become over-confident.  Especially in politics. They not only need to keep the donations coming in but they also really need voter turn out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 10:56:12 pm »

888high58888

It really is that simple. What good are they if after being given a majority in the House and Senate and after winning the Presidency, with a candidate who ran on a very clear agenda, and they didn't do much of anything. The Rats are lunatics, but if they control the House what's going to change?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 11:03:02 pm »
Yes.  Good.  Laugh.

My significant monetary contributions and time that the GOP once had for decades and took for granted while holding my principles in contempt (that you also are disgusted by), now goes elsewhere.

I'm glad you find that amusing because it solidifies the fact I made the right decision dumping the GOP.

You know the shame of it is Trump is not that bad. I thought he was going to be terrible, but he's been great on foreign policy. He's getting regulations cut. I guess the judges he's nominated have been okay, I haven't heard any complaints yet. He is consistent in his fight for border security and immigration reform. He really wants to kill obamacare and has been doing everything he can to accomplish that.

The Pubs had a perfect situation and just showed us they really aren't worth very much.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:05:26 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 11:09:09 pm »
Considering who's driving this CF, I think I'll walk.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 07:59:14 pm »
I sure am tired of "news stories" that are designed more to move people into some sort of action than to inform me.  Nobody writes straight new anymore.  Everybody's an advocate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:48 am »
Title:
"Republicans keep winning. So why are they so nervous about November?"

Because...   they keep winning. (that's Trump's fault)
Far, far too many of 'em are natural-born... losers.

That's their game, and their comfort zone.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 01:37:49 am »
Yes.  Good.  Laugh.

So your "time and contributions" are going to the Dems? 

(Might as well be)  *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:35 am »
So your "time and contributions" are going to the Dems? 

(Might as well be)  *****rollingeyes*****

I don't subscribe to the binary choice thing.

But if I did, it wouldn't matter if I contributed to the Dems given the fact that there is little difference between the two parties anymore.  The outcome is roughly the same.

Unless you are into pretending politics is just another team sporting event with a fantasy role playing activity you can win money with.