Author Topic: For Most Trump Voters, ‘Very Warm’ Feelings for Him Endured  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

For Most Trump Voters, ‘Very Warm’ Feelings for Him Endured
Pew Research, Aug 9, 2018

In the wake of Donald Trump’s 2016 election victory, an overwhelming majority of those who said they had voted for him had “warm” feelings for him.

By this spring, more than a year into Trump’s presidency, the feelings of these same Trump voters had changed very little.

In March, 82% of those who reported voting for Trump – and whom researchers were able to verify through voting records as having voted in 2016 – said they felt “warmly” toward Trump, with 62% saying they had “very warm” feelings toward him. Their feelings were expressed on a 0-100 “feeling thermometer.” A rating of 51 or higher is “warm,” with 76 or higher indicating “very warm” feelings.

The views of these same Trump voters had been quite similar in November 2016: At that time, 87% had warm feelings toward him, including 63% who had very warm feelings.

More:  http://www.people-press.org/2018/08/09/for-most-trump-voters-very-warm-feelings-for-him-endured/

Offline Applewood

Feelings?

That's the problem.  Too many vote based on "feelings," not whether the candidate can do the job. 

And I don't mean just Trump supoorters.  I see it all over.  Republicans, Democrats.  They "feel."  They don't think.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Feelings?

That's the problem.  Too many vote based on "feelings," not whether the candidate can do the job. 

And I don't mean just Trump supoorters.  I see it all over.  Republicans, Democrats.  They "feel."  They don't think.

'Warm feelings' means nothing to me.

My relatives from the old country still had 'warm feelings' about Hitler too.  In-laws are still gushing about Obama.

Screw Godwin's law - the fact remains that 'warm feelings' always exist among those mesmerized by a cult of personality that they ascribe themselves to, no matter the amounts of idiocy or horrors involved.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

Feelings?

Good words from someone who's avatar is a curled up cat... :rolling:

****cute kitty
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

'Warm feelings' means nothing to me.  My relatives from the old country still had 'warm feelings' about Hitler too.  In-laws are still gushing about Obama. 

Too bad, it means something to the voters.

Feelings?

That's the problem.  Too many vote based on "feelings," not whether the candidate can do the job.  And I don't mean just Trump supoorters.  I see it all over.  Republicans, Democrats.  They "feel."  They don't think.

Yet @Applewood  if the report was about Trump supporters turning cold toward the President, you'd be doing a happy dance.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exactly.

Which is why I never underestimate the stupidity of mass movements.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Exactly.

Which is why I never underestimate the stupidity of mass movements.

You underestimate everything you don't understand.  It's what seems to keep you busy.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:06:07 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You underestimate everything you don't understand.  It's what seems to keep you busy.

I understand mass movements just fine thank you.

It is indeed what keeps me busy, because idiocy in large numbers is a hallmark of cultures, empires and nations in decline.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I guess 'feelings' was a poor choice of words because it sounds too emotional.  You know I wasn't a Trump fan until the election and I wouldn't call my opinion of him 'warm feelings' but I like him and I think he's doing the best job possible under the circumstances.

The article is simply saying that Trump voters still like him and would vote for him again.

I've encountered too many cranky, disgruntled people today.  Not sure what would make them happy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: For Most Trump Voters, ‘Very Warm’ Feelings for Him Endured
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:36:08 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 02:37:08 am »
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 04:17:50 am »
Facts don't care about your feelings.

I love that your Quixotic mission to bash Trump 24/7 like a mental patient hasn't done a GD thing.

Watching people fail gives me a warm feeling.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 05:15:21 am »
Must have something to do with his 'Tax Breaks for the Evil Rich/Crumbs for the working stiff that rounded up Jobs for all those Un-Democratic Little People who are now questioning their loyalty to the Rats.

How Dare they mock the Democrats never ending BS Promises?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:15:57 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 08:01:28 am »
I love that your Quixotic mission to bash Trump 24/7 like a mental patient hasn't done a GD thing.

Watching people fail gives me a warm feeling.

No.  You wet yourself again. 88finger point

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11:12 am »
I understand mass movements just fine thank you.

It is indeed what keeps me busy, because idiocy in large numbers is a hallmark of cultures, empires and nations in decline.

Well at least we won't ever have to feel 'upset' by you leading one.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 12:31:40 pm »

Well at least we won't ever have to feel 'upset' by you leading one.

True.  No you won't.