Author Topic: New Report Suggest Trump Is Preparing To Nix Obama-Era Lightbulb Rules  (Read 3447 times)

Offline darroll

Re: New Report Suggest Trump Is Preparing To Nix Obama-Era Lightbulb Rules
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 08:58:37 pm »
The last time we bought a florescent screw in bulb it cost about $12.00.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 06:06:45 pm »
In summer, we don't use the light bulbs much, in winter there is no such thing as "waste heat".

To be fair, I blasted the state environmental guy about this, and he insisted they took the heat savings into consideration on the energy savings calculations.

I went and researched it, and looked at EPA's calculations, and realized I had egg on my face.  They did, indeed, take winter heating into account.  Of course, there's still energy waste via T&D that doesn't help with heating, so there was still a lot of savings even in winter.

I'm very glad that LED research was spurred by this, and that we don't have to deal with the CFLs much anymore.  Thank goodness for the pseudo-white LED!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 08:13:14 pm »
To be fair, I blasted the state environmental guy about this, and he insisted they took the heat savings into consideration on the energy savings calculations.

I went and researched it, and looked at EPA's calculations, and realized I had egg on my face.  They did, indeed, take winter heating into account.  Of course, there's still energy waste via T&D that doesn't help with heating, so there was still a lot of savings even in winter.

I'm very glad that LED research was spurred by this, and that we don't have to deal with the CFLs much anymore.  Thank goodness for the pseudo-white LED!
Which State?
Latitude makes a difference. (seasonal variation in the duration of daylight, especially)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 02:16:43 pm »
Which State?
Latitude makes a difference. (seasonal variation in the duration of daylight, especially)

They looked at all states.  It was federal research.  I'll admit that I don't recall details now -- this was about 7-10 years ago.  I just recall the results being different from what I expected of them.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 02:47:51 pm »

Ok, how about getting rid of that ridiculous 2.5 gallons-per-minute rule for shower heads?

I own a office building. The guy who does our plumbing purchased a commerial grade toilet, installed it in our house and billed our corporation for a write off. Hows that? LOL Our way of sticking it the gov't twice.

No double flushing needed. It would suck down a bowling bowl.  The only thng is you an hear it a mile away when it flushes.

@Fishrrman
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:50:59 pm by mirraflake »