Author Topic: The ‘Steely-Eyed Killer’ Who Became a Star on Fox News – Then Lost It All  (Read 518 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The ‘Steely-Eyed Killer’ Who Became a Star on Fox News – Then Lost It All

For years, Bill Cowan ran top-secret programs for the Pentagon and appeared regularly on Fox as a military analyst. Today, he’s on the run.

By KEITH KLOOR

August 10, 2018

On May 6, 2011, retired Lt. Col Bill Cowan appeared on Fox News to talk about the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq, which he opposed. At the time, Cowan had been a respected Fox News military analyst for a decade; his combat experience in the Marine Corps and background in special operations made him a favorite of Sean Hannity, Neil Cavuto and other hosts.

Although Cowan was in his sixties, the grizzled Vietnam veteran was no armchair analyst. “Just got back from Jordan,” he announced on the broadcast that day, “where I did meet with some senior Iraqi military people.” Cowan said he went there “to talk about business and what was going on inside Iraq.”

In fact, Cowan went as a covert operator on behalf of the U.S. military, as part of a highly classified program contracted out by the Pentagon. Over the next year, he would make more than a dozen such trips to Iraq and other parts of the Middle East, he told me, as part of a larger black ops portfolio for the Defense Department that began in 2002. That was the same year Fox News signed him to an exclusive contract to talk about terrorism, Islamic militants and, as time wore on, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq—all areas that intersected with his clandestine activities.

more
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/10/covert-operative-pentagon-bill-cowan-fox-news-219345
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

This is why ex wives should be killed.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I read the article, the SAPs,  "Special Access Programs", I wonder if he should be called a "steely-eyed killer", but that is what retired Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin said, I've seen him on Fox as well.  I'd seen Cowan on Fox; but I don't remember much of that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member