Author Topic: Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:19:17 pm »
Houston Chronicle 8/7/2018 By Jeremy Wallace

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has asked President Donald Trump to come to Texas to campaign for him.

During a campaign stop in Seguin late Monday, Cruz said he has reached out to his former rival for the White House to help him with his re-election effort against Democrat Beto O’Rourke.

“I would certainly welcome his support and I hope to see him in Texas,” Cruz said, standing outside the Dixie Grill in Seguin. “I think we are likely to see the president down in Texas before the election.”

Cruz said while his relationship with Trump has had its “ups and downs” due to their 2016 GOP primary battle, he has tried to become an ally to the President. He said he has been in constant contact with the White House and Trump directly to offer his help in getting legislation through the Senate.

“We’re talking to the White House every week, sometimes every day,” Cruz said. “I’ve been proud to lead the effort to bring Republicans together.”

Trump is in full campaign mode, having held rallies in Florida and Ohio over the last week. Trump has been to Texas five times since he became President, but has not held a big rally like those he’s done in the last week in other places. In May he spoke at a Republican fundraiser that was closed to the media and before that he spoke to the National Rifle Association’s annual conference in Dallas where he endorsed Cruz’s re-election.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-asks-Trump-to-campaign-for-him-13138353.php

Online rustynail

Re: Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:10 pm »
Is this the end for Ted Cruz?

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:30:25 pm »
   Another one I got wrong.  Still don't think he needs it and damn sure didn't think he's do it.

Jesse Dayton - May Have to Do It (Don't Have to Like It) - Official Audio

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:05 pm »
Hey @libertybele  ... over here.  We were just talking about this.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:18 pm »
Good move ...and I'm sure the President will go there.  If time allows maybe the President will hold one of those Trump rallies --( book a stadium, Ted! )

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:29 pm »
Is this the end for Ted Cruz?

Probably not. Hope not. But he has to let his constituents know that he's actually doing things.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 09:54:41 pm »

Probably not. Hope not. But he has to let his constituents know that he's actually doing things.

He is only 1 voice in a Senate of a hundred do nothings and the 435 azzholes in the House also do nothings, what pray tell is Ted Cruz suppose to do?  @endicom
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:43 pm »
   He is only 1 voice in a Senate of a hundred do nothings and the 435 azzholes in the House also do nothings, what pray tell is Ted Cruz suppose to do?  @endicom

Let people know what he's proposed, supported and voted for. Let people know what his agenda is going forward. He seems to have fallen off the radar and that can't be helping him.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:50:15 am »
Good move ...and I'm sure the President will go there.  If time allows maybe the President will hold one of those Trump rallies --( book a stadium, Ted! )

We shall see.  I will be absolutely astounded if Trump does indeed show up.  My hunch is he won't.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 01:00:32 am »
Trump should show up for a huge rally for Ted in a standing room only stadium and when it comes time for the endorsement Donny should say "Vote your conscience" and walk out.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 01:06:16 am »
We shall see.  I will be absolutely astounded if Trump does indeed show up.  My hunch is he won't.

Why?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 01:41:48 am »

Let people know what he's proposed, supported and voted for. Let people know what his agenda is going forward. He seems to have fallen off the radar and that can't be helping him.

He's been crisscrossing the state.  I've seen him several times in the last couple of months.

Offline endicom

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:31 am »
He's been crisscrossing the state.  I've seen him several times in the last couple of months.

I hope that's working. I'd really like to see him blow Beto off the map.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:58:59 am »
Trump should show up for a huge rally for Ted in a standing room only stadium and when it comes time for the endorsement Donny should say "Vote your conscience" and walk out.

*Snicker*

Vote your conscience.

Bet you Ted wishes he could take that back. But I don’t think the president will hold that against him though. After a couple of years of seasoning Trump understands politics better, he knows he’s gonna need allies in Congress if he hopes to get anything done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 02:08:25 am »

Like Trump would ever say something like that.  Trump has some very good points, but that ain't one of them.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 02:51:21 am »
*Snicker*

Vote your conscience.

Bet you Ted wishes he could take that back. But I don’t think the president will hold that against him though. After a couple of years of seasoning Trump understands politics better, he knows he’s gonna need allies in Congress if he hopes to get anything done.

I know, but it would send me into hysterics if he did.