Author Topic: Beto and Ted, and the Feel of Battle Fatigue  (Read 526 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Beto and Ted, and the Feel of Battle Fatigue
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:14:48 pm »
Is Beto O’Rourke’s balloon really rising in the Texas Senate race?
I’d bet a million bucks U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas won’t lose his reelection bid at the hands of the gangly, boyish-looking Democratic congressman Robert Francis O’Rourke of El Paso.

Still…

Some weeks ago, I started noticing, in my bright red — I had supposed — neighborhood, small yard signs reading “Beto for Senate.” The first one I noticed, in fact, was two doors down from my home. Beto — supposedly the Spanish diminutive for Roberto — is Congressman O’Rourke’s ID: relaxed, jaunty, like the shirt sleeves the three-term congressman seems perpetually to wear rolled up, in let’s-get-down-to-business mode. Over the past couple of weeks, Beto yard signs in my part of the galaxy have come to seem as everyday as fire plugs. One belongs to a dear friend who long worked for a onetime Republican U. S. senator. Meanwhile, Cruz’s lead in the polls is shrinking. He has in the bank 50 percent less money than O’Rourke.

Oh, me! Oh, Ted! What goes on?
https://spectator.org/beto-and-ted-and-the-feel-of-battle-fatigue/
For those still trying to figure out Beto, here's a sample of his early past.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Beto and Ted, and the Feel of Battle Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »
Okay.  That ad wouldn't sway me one way or another.    A dwi in 95.  Big woop.  You could throw a rock in church and hit a dozen people who have had one.   The other thing sounds like a college prank.  Nothing burger.   Now that punk rock thing.  Now he should be locked up and be deported for that horse hockey+
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.