Author Topic: Thousands march in Jerusalem Gay Pride amid surrogacy uproar  (Read 240 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thousands march in Jerusalem Gay Pride amid surrogacy uproar
Caron Creighton, Associated Press

JERUSALEM (AP) — Over 15,000 people marched in the Gay Pride Parade through Jerusalem on Thursday, partying in the shadow of a recently passed surrogacy law that excludes homosexual fathers and outraged the gay community.

Waving rainbow flags emblazed with the Star of David and blasting music, throngs of people marched through the streets of central Jerusalem amid tight police security. Same-sex couples held hands, others held signs reading "proud to be equal" and "I want to be a father."

A few dozen people demonstrated against the parade. Some held signs reading "Israel is the holy land not the homo land." Several protesters scuffled with police and officers made four arrests, police said.

Read more at: https://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Thousands-march-in-Jerusalem-Gay-Pride-amid-13126311.php

I thought there was another pride march not long ago in Israel that was posted in this forum. Maybe that one was in Tel Aviv .... but not a positive. A number of pictures at the article, note this one, I can see two American flags in the crowd, actually more, sort of in the middle of the picture. Click to enlarge. Well, let's hope they don't get too raunchy like a few of these parades get in North America apparently. Shameful.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:12:01 am by TomSea »