Author Topic: Too Many Hot Chips A Recipe for Stomach Trouble?  (Read 654 times)

rangerrebew

Too Many Hot Chips A Recipe for Stomach Trouble?
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:10:13 pm »
Too Many Hot Chips A Recipe for Stomach Trouble?
By Brenda Goodman, MA

Aug. 3, 2018 -- The staff at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis, TN, took part this week in an unusual taste test.

Doctors brought in several varieties of spicy snack chips such as Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and Takis.

“We had a taste testing with all my residents and students just so they’d know what they taste like because we’re seeing it all over the place,” says Cary Cavender, MD, a pediatric gastroenterologist at the hospital.

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/news/20180803/too-many-hot-chips-a-recipe-for-stomach-trouble

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Too Many Hot Chips A Recipe for Stomach Trouble?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:23:41 pm »
On the bright side this was not a multi-million dollar government research study. yogi555

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 01:17:24 am »
Well, yeah..... *****rollingeyes*****

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:20:45 am »
I tried Takis.  Those things were horrible.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 11:08:55 pm »
[...] sometimes blood-red vomiting and what often looks like slimy, blood-streaked stool. Doctors say it’s actually just red from the food coloring in the chips, but it can scare parents, especially if they don’t know what their kids have been eating.

Had that trouble on the Emergency Squad with college students who drank grain alcohol and Kool-aid...looked like they were vomiting blood. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:17:40 am »
Had that trouble on the Emergency Squad with college students who drank grain alcohol and Kool-aid...looked like they were vomiting blood.

Once that stuff sets.  You'll never get the stain out.  At our Frat house we gave up and just dyed the carpet with the stuff to even out the carpet color.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.