Author Topic: Grandmother arrested after blocking pipeline construction in Ford Pinto  (Read 2280 times)

Online corbe

Grandmother arrested after blocking pipeline construction in Ford Pinto

By Aris Folley - 08/03/18 04:15 PM EDT

A 64-year-old woman was arrested earlier this week after she reportedly blockaded herself into a 1971 Ford Pinto and prevented Mountain Valley Pipeline construction in West Virginia.

Becky Crabtree was charged with obstruction earlier this week was later released on her own recognizance, according to a local NBC affiliate.

Crabtree, who is a grandmother and retired schoolteacher, reportedly blockaded herself in the Ford Pinto at the worksite of the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which spans approximately 303 miles from northwestern West Virginia to southern Virginia.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/400314-grandma-arrested-after-chaining-herself-to-a-ford-pinto-to
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

Re: Grandmother arrested after blocking pipeline construction in Ford Pinto
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 02:12:18 pm »
The bigger crime is she actually owns a Ford Pinto
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »
The bigger crime is she actually owns a Ford Pinto
My family owned a 1971 Pinto, but got rid of it before having the opportunity to be immolated in a fiery crash. It was a cute lime green color.  :laugh:

We have a few leftist whackos in this state. They've even formed their own political party, the Mountain Party. They hate progress (despite considering themselves "progressives").
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 02:45:18 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 03:51:03 pm »
@Frank Cannon  this thread needs your touch.  Pinto?  LOL!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 04:30:53 pm »
    @Frank Cannon is apparently staying out of this cause this was GM's answer to the Pinto.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 08:07:46 pm »
    @Frank Cannon is apparently staying out of this cause this was GM's answer to the Pinto.

Vegas weren't bad little cars, at least when they blew it was just an engine in front, not the the whole car from a gas tank blowing in the rear. At least GM got the fuel tank right.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 08:16:06 pm »
Vegas weren't bad little cars, at least when they blew it was just an engine in front, not the the whole car from a gas tank blowing in the rear. At least GM got the fuel tank right.

@Frank Cannon

! No longer available

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 08:20:36 pm »
@Frank Cannon

! No longer available

Other than being a shit Chrysler product, I liked the Duster.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 08:26:58 pm »

You and Al Bundy!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »
I drove all 3. I did some stuff in a stock Vega (driving wise) that was pretty crazy. I never had the engine blow, but I cracked the oil pan under one bottoming out after getting a lot of air.... Once you had the power lag and the gears down, it was a pretty decent little car in its weight class, but nothing to drag race with stock.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:12 pm »
I drove all 3. I did some stuff in a stock Vega (driving wise) that was pretty crazy. I never had the engine blow, but I cracked the oil pan under one bottoming out after getting a lot of air.... Once you had the power lag and the gears down, it was a pretty decent little car in its weight class, but nothing to drag race with stock.

I had a 71 Vega hatchback.  Had both front fenders replaced under warranty before the 12 month 12k limit. I was also the 1st person in my family to practice oil recycling.   The Vega leaked oil bigly.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 09:19:30 pm »
I had a 71 Vega hatchback.  Had both front fenders replaced under warranty before the 12 month 12k limit. I was also the 1st person in my family to practice oil recycling.   The Vega leaked oil bigly.

A Frat brother of mine at WMU drove a Vega.  He got T-boned from the drivers  side, and he opened the passenger door with his head.  Woke up from the coma about a week later.  He had some issues because of the dain bramage.  A few years later, he drove into oncoming traffic and had a head-on on I-94, killed him instantly.  Narcolepsy.  Never knew what hit him.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 09:51:43 pm »
A Frat brother of mine at WMU drove a Vega.  He got T-boned from the drivers  side, and he opened the passenger door with his head.  Woke up from the coma about a week later.  He had some issues because of the dain bramage.  A few years later, he drove into oncoming traffic and had a head-on on I-94, killed him instantly.  Narcolepsy.  Never knew what hit him.
Thanks for that uplifting tale Brother!   :cool:

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 02:33:08 am »
I had  a 73 Vega GT wagon that actually got up to a respectable top end, I didn't have any problems with it other than sharing it with my sister. We had the engine replaced under warranty because...............she left the car running while she went to her college classes, then there was the time she backed up with the passenger door open and came close to ripping it off! After that I got out of the car, because of my sister not GM.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 02:36:41 am »
Anyone else think the correct solution would have been to pick up that Pinto and grandma with a big Petibone and set her down in traffic somewhere?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 02:42:49 am »

Tree-fitty. And a rockcrusher. and a cut-down corporate posi.
That fixes it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 05:12:00 am »
@Frank Cannon  this thread needs your touch.  Pinto?  LOL!

The Pinto was a low brow loser car of the first order. People of class and distinction motored in style.....

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 06:45:23 am »
That fixes it.
I drove that puppy like a rented mule. (It was my brother's and he'd have killed me If he knew some of the shenanigans I did with that car, including racing a guy in a Mach 1 set up for drag racing down the windy steel plant road (gravel) and beating him! The Vega cornered pretty well, especially on gravel (oversteer, baby!) if you anticipated when you would need power and hit the gas that couple of seconds early. That guy had ladder bars under the Mach 1, way too stiff for curves on gravel, and I got up on his butt and beeped the horn in short beeps until he got rattled and went wide on a turn--and I slipped under him and passed him and beat him to the end of the road. (Boy, was he pissed off, and I made fifty bucks on the bet --and the side action on that little run was huge).

Next iteration, I was selected to teach a college friend to drive like a bootlegger (Group Project), and got a little too much air with his Vega and bottomed it hard on the landing. That's the time I cracked the oil pan. I ended up shelling out a bunch of precious beer money to get that welded. :shrug:

The third one was a mercy purchase from a friend moving to Louisiana, who had parked his '73 on a rather large rock and didn't want to tow it south. The oil pan had a big dent from the rock, the front was mashed back enough the radiator and fan had been taken out, and it was a bondo buggy anyhow, rusted out so badly in the front wheel wells that you could pick up the hood and check the tires. When I bought it, he threw in a new set of tires, and I figured worse come to worse, I could get something for those (I ended up using them).

Desperate times make for desperate acts, and when my Landcruiser threw the timing chain, money was tight, and I could fix the Vega well enough to get around town for about thirty bucks. The patch was slow, and getting around town was all I really needed. So I jacked the front out into place (more or less) off the harmonic balancer, got a junkyard radiator, and put it back together, after cutting the shredded plastic off the fan. I licensed it, purchase price twenty bucks with new tires thrown in. The DMV lady insisted I couldn't purchase a running vehicle for $20 and I told her it wasn't running when I bought it. But she taxed me on a $200 vehicle anyway, sight unseen (or maybe she would have believed me). I drove that for a couple of years around town with the crank journals rapping off the inside of the oil pan. It kept going and going and going, even though it would have been banned in Bowman (ND), for being an "ugly" vehicle. I finally sold it a couple of years later after I'd had a couple and was driving home (wintertime, naturally) and had a policeman following me when the driver's door popped open. I wound the window down, and held that dang door in place until the cop turned off, and drove it home and parked it. I sold it to a guy who wanted the steering gear for a hot rod he was building, and came out even on the deal. It only held 3 quarts of oil (because of the dent in the pan) but it still fired up when I sold it.

If I'd had the time (I think I got the only Vega engine built on a Wednesday afternoon from the way folks talk about them), I'd probably have grabbed the engine and tranny for some future project, but that car never owed me a dime. I didn't take it on the highway, though, because it shook like Glamorous Glennis going through the sound barrier at 55 MPH. Mebbe my friend messed up the tie rods a little when he parked it on the rock...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 06:46:45 am »
The Pinto was a low brow loser car of the first order. People of class and distinction motored in style.....

Oh, I dunno. I bought my ex one just before the divorce.... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 11:13:38 am »

In a Pinto... (In a Pinto!)
The Republic is lost.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 12:37:08 am »
Years back I owned a 74 pinto wagon.
I loved that car!

One day, driving home in a downpour I went to make a left turn on a road with a center island, road divider.

Well ... I hit the island with my drivers side tire and the pinto coasted until I could get it off the road.
(Coasted because the 'bump' had killed the engine)

As most folks do, I got out and raised the hood to see if maybe the battery cables might have been jarred off!
Nope!

What had happened was when I 'bumped' into that island road divider .. Every bracket that held Anything (like the alternator) had disintegrated! :shrug:

Pot metal all! :crying:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 01:52:40 am »
That fixes it.

Remember when a dead battery meant nothing as long as you had a few friends to give you a running push?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 02:13:04 am »
Remember when a dead battery meant nothing as long as you had a few friends to give you a running push?

@catfish1957
LOL! Still that way for me. Starter went out for about 3 weeks last fall... Too dang cold and wet to crawl around under it if I didn't have to... So I always parked on a hill for a while.

Sometimes, being a Luddite has it's advantages.  :shrug: :whistle:

I can't hardly imagine a pickup truck that doesn't have a stick.