Author Topic: Documents Shed Light on the Life and Death of Thurman Munson  (Read 613 times)

Offline Suppressed

Documents Shed Light on the Life and Death of Thurman Munson
« on: August 02, 2018, 08:30:46 pm »
Documents Shed Light on the Life and Death of Thurman Munson
By DAVID WALDSTEIN  1 day ago

The anguish still rises unmistakably from the pages of the deposition, which is now nearly 40 years old. In it, a witness named David Hall hesitates as he testifies, and a lawyer asks if he needs a short break. Hall declines and continues.

By the time he is done, he has provided a devastating account of the final moments in the life of Thurman Munson, the Yankees catcher who died at age 32 when the plane he was flying crashed short of the runway at Akron-Canton Airport in Ohio on Aug. 2, 1979.

Hall was in the plane when it slammed into the ground. In the deposition, he describes how in the immediate aftermath of the crash, Munson lay motionless, his head turned sideways and pressed against the instrument panel.

Munson’s neck, it turned out, had been broken by the impact of the crash. His body was paralyzed. Still, Hall testified, Munson managed to ask him and Jerry Anderson, the other passenger in the plane, if they were O.K.

And then, Hall testified, flames began to lick at the fuselage of the Cessna Citation turbojet, and Munson gasped, “Fire extinguisher.” What followed, Hall said, were the final words uttered by Munson, the hard-nosed All-Star and team captain.

[...]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/documents-shed-light-on-the-life-and-death-of-thurman-munson/ar-BBLo1CK

Associated Press
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:41:04 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: Documents Shed Light on the Life and Death of Thurman Munson
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »
@EasyAce @Freya @Cyber Liberty @Slip18

(I know there are other baseball fans out there who might be interested, but I'm not sure who . . .)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Documents Shed Light on the Life and Death of Thurman Munson
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 02:40:54 am »
Interesting topic :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw