Author Topic: After 30 years in U.S., Michigan mother of 6 deported to Mexico  (Read 380 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
After 30 years in U.S., Michigan mother of 6 deported to Mexico
Updated 1:32 PM; Posted 1:30 PM

DETROIT - As she held her 3-month-old grandson Adrian on her last night with her family in Michigan, Maria Yante-Avina reflected on the life she built here and what she'll miss after she's sent back to Mexico.

She wiped away tears as she sat in the backyard of a relative's house on Detroit's west side.

"I'll be leaving my whole life here," said the 45-year-old mother of six, speaking in Spanish.

Read more at: https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/08/after_30_years_in_us_detroit_m.html

Laws are laws, if you don't have them, you might have to let everyone in. I still found this story of interest.

Something I note, often when I see "immigrants", they are driving a nice SUV; something a lot better than what I have. I'm not sure why I say that. Maybe we don't know the rest of the story. Did they receive a lot of public assistance? And things like that.

Offline dfwgator

Re: After 30 years in U.S., Michigan mother of 6 deported to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:51:09 am »
Adios!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:53:20 am »
30 years and this dumb idiot, who couldn't even be bothered to learn the language, didn't have the time to become an American citizen? Eff her lazy free loading ass.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 04:01:31 am »
Little LA outside of Mexico City says welcome home sista.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.