Author Topic: The Case for Migrant Reparations  (Read 364 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The Case for Migrant Reparations
« on: August 01, 2018, 08:11:05 pm »
Last month, Los Angeles Times reporter Esmerelda Bermudez accompanied Hermelindo Che Coc, an asylum-seeker from Guatemala, as he was reunited with his six-year-old son. She recorded the exact moment that Jefferson met his father again after two months apart, a video that perfectly captures the human toll of the Trump administration’s migrant family separation policy. Take note of the young boy’s reaction:

Jefferson does not speak, or cry, or even hug his father back. “The boy had a vacant look in his eyes,” Bermudez wrote in the tweet that accompanied the video. “Also a cough, bruise on his eye & rashes all over his body.” In her account of the reunification, she reported that Jefferson seemed to blame his father for the experience. “Papa, I thought they killed you,” he told his father while crying. “You separated from me. You don’t love me anymore?”

The boy, sadly, is correct.  His father is to blame.

[excerpted]

https://newrepublic.com/article/150348/case-migrant-reparations
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Case for Migrant Reparations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 12:57:04 am »
No.
Just... NO.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 01:01:52 am »
   This will pizz the Blacks off even more if we repatriate the Illegals before they get theirs. 
   They've been waiting since 1865, not content with Carson housing and a Subaru they still pine for 40 acres and a mule.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 04:24:35 am »
So how much are the migrants going to pay us back?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis