Author Topic: Ravi Zacharias and Dennis Prager with Jeff Foxworthy The Death of Truth, The Decline of Culture Q&A  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This looks really good.  I haven't had time to watch it yet, but will at first opportunity.

! No longer available

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

Ravi Zacharias has an immense mind. One of my favorite theologians

Online roamer_1

That was great @Sanguine !
What an odd mix though...

Jeff Foxworthy??? WTF?? That's a whole different side of him...

But both Prager and Zacharias are great to listen to.

Offline thackney

That was great @Sanguine !
What an odd mix though...

Jeff Foxworthy??? WTF?? That's a whole different side of him...

No, it isn't.

Jeff Foxworthy: 'You Know I'm an Idiot'
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/august-web-only/jeff-foxworthy.html
AUGUST 22, 2012

...Now Foxworthy is gearing up for his next TV gig as host of The American Bible Challenge, a one-hour show premiering Thursday night (8/7c) on the Game Show Network (GSN). (A preview.) Foxworthy, 53, looks forward to hosting the show that will test contestants' knowledge of Scripture; teams will be playing to win money for charities....

- - - - - - - -

Jeff Foxworthy Tells TheBlaze His Views on God, the Bible & How He Became a Believer
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2012/10/17/jeff-foxworthy-tells-theblaze-his-views-on-god-the-bible-how-he-became-a-believer
Oct 17, 2012

...it was something he thought carefully about before committing.

The actor and funny guy said that he was approached by the network after his show, “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” didn’t get renewed. While the faith-based project was instantly attractive, Foxworthy said he didn’t want to exploit the Bible.

“My first thought was, ‘I don’t want to be standing in line in hell going, ‘It was the game show,'” he quipped. “My faith is a huge part of my life and, at the same time, you don’t want to exploit it.”...

...Foxworthy has been a Christian for decades. In fact, he told TheBlaze that he remembers accepting Jesus Christ when he was just seven years old. He recounted being at church with his mother and telling her that he was ready to go down to the sanctuary to accept the Lord. His mother, assuming he was still too young, told him to wait until he had a firmer understanding. However, this did little to dissuade the young man.

“I argued all the way home and the preacher came to the house and he said ‘he knows what he’s doing,'” Foxworthy said. “We went back that night [to the church].”...

...“I lead a Bible study with homeless guys on Tuesday mornings…I have done it for years.”...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:43:12 am by thackney »

Online roamer_1

No, it isn't.

I was not surprised by his Christianity, @thackney , in fact I assumed it - his comedy has always been refreshingly clean. His presence on stage with two of the most prominent theological and philosophical heavyweights seemed... out of place.

Offline thackney

I was not surprised by his Christianity, @thackney , in fact I assumed it - his comedy has always been refreshingly clean. His presence on stage with two of the most prominent theological and philosophical heavyweights seemed... out of place.

Okay, I wouldn't put him in that class and I don't think he would as well.  But for him to facilitate such a conversation, and help bring it to the masses seems in line with his previous Bible based quiz show.

Online roamer_1

Okay, I wouldn't put him in that class and I don't think he would as well.  But for him to facilitate such a conversation, and help bring it to the masses seems in line with his previous Bible based quiz show.

That's right.

Offline verga

Listened to this while working on my room, fascinating.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I finally got to listen to this.  I appreciate the deep thinking based upon Biblical principles.

Some notes I made while listening:

Pleasure unbounded by sacredness will make you emptier than before.

Truth in Hebrew is emeth, the first, middle and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet.

A redneck is a glorious absence of sophistication.

The most powerful weapon in the world is truth.

Truth describes reality as it actually is, and must be coherent.

Truth is the only thing that makes this short time here worthwhile.