Author Topic: Muslims enraged at Cuomo for using word “jihad” in way that “perpetuates” “Islamophobia”  (Read 204 times)

rangerrebew

Muslims enraged at Cuomo for using word “jihad” in way that “perpetuates” “Islamophobia”

Jul 30, 2018 4:00 pm By Robert Spencer 36 Comments

As I predicted in this article, Muslims are enraged at New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for using the word “jihad” to describe President Trump’s immigration policies. Sadaf Mehdi of the Muslim Democratic Club of New York fumed: “Governor Cuomo’s comparison of it to a ‘jihad’ only perpetuates the Islamophobic trope that acts of violence are somehow a Muslim invention.”

This is a typical straw man. I’ve never heard anyone ever claim that “acts of violence are somehow a Muslim invention.” Mehdi is trying to deflect attention away from Islam’s 1,400-year history of violence perpetrated under the name “jihad,” as I detail in my book The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS. Cuomo’s unthinking use of jihad as a negative term indicates that underneath the Leftist propaganda he usually shovels out, he has some awareness of this history. That’s Sadaf Mehdi and others like him are trying to make sure that as few Americans as possible have today. Confound them: preorder your copy of The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS today.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/07/muslims-enraged-at-cuomo-for-using-word-jihad-in-way-that-perpetuates-islamophobia