Author Topic: Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'  (Read 1222 times)

rangerrebew

Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'
« on: July 31, 2018, 12:07:10 pm »
Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'

MONDAY, July 30, 2018 -- An Indianapolis teen suffered serious burns after his friends poured boiling hot water on him as part of fad called the "Hot Water Challenge."

The boiling water was poured on Kyland Clark, 15, as he slept. He suffered second-degree burns to his body and face, Fox News reported. The incident occurred after Clark and his friends had watched videos of the challenge on YouTube.

Clark spent a week in the hospital. His doctors are hopeful that pigment will return in Clark's face within a few months.

https://www.drugs.com/news/teen-boy-suffers-serious-burns-after-hot-water-challenge-76003.html

Offline thackney

Re: Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 12:11:24 pm »
Amazing, what is next?  Run around on the Freeway challenge?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:26:41 pm »
Smear honey on yourself and then swat a beehive challenge?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:33 pm »

I'd prefer this challenge ... at least the idiots wouldn't be harming a sleeping boy.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 01:12:06 pm »
Darwin was an optimist.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 01:28:19 pm »

This is not new and apparently began with a YouTube video. IMO, these things are not pranks but begin with sick bastards putting out what they know will be tried by foolish youngsters. Or sicko youngsters.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:41:45 pm »
This is not new and apparently began with a YouTube video. IMO, these things are not pranks but begin with sick bastards putting out what they know will be tried by foolish youngsters. Or sicko youngsters.

Maybe not this particular "challenge", but the concept of doing stupid things has been around for quite a while now.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 01:50:50 pm »

Maybe not this particular "challenge", but the concept of doing stupid things has been around for quite a while now.

Hazing, pranking...what begins as harmless fun can quickly degenerate to something base.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 02:01:12 pm »
Darwin was an optimist.

And a bad dancer.

Moron Gets Car to Face Doing 'In My Feelings' Dance

! No longer available
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 02:20:50 pm »
I wonder what they thought would happen if they poured boiling water on a sleeping person?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:27 pm »
The "friends" ought to be arrested and charged with assault with intent to kill...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:25 pm »
Good thing these morons didn't run across the "Sulfuric Acid Challenge" fad on StupidTube.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 11:10:40 pm »
I wonder what they thought would happen if they poured boiling water on a sleeping person?
It's just a little bit more painful than putting shaving cream on his hand and then tickling his nose with a feather.  :pondering:

Offline endicom

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 01:36:33 am »
Former Penn State Fraternity Brother Sentenced On Hazing Charges
http://www.oann.com/former-penn-state-fraternity-brother-sentenced-on-hazing-charges/

"Piazza was pledging the Beta Theta Pi fraternity as a sophomore when he fatally fractured his skull after a night of heavy drinking."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 02:07:41 am »

I don't get the 'challenge' part of this story. It sounds like a guy was ambushed in his sleep by vile, vicious, guys who obviously had some grudge against him. The fact that they poured scalding water on him bears that out. Especially since they targeted his face.

There is no context in which this behavior can be called 'legal'. This is intentional assault.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 11:24:20 am »
Good thing these morons didn't run across the "Sulfuric Acid Challenge" fad on StupidTube.

I search for Cyanide Challenge and I was surprised that results exist.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 01:52:37 pm »
Assault and battery with a deadly weapon resulting in grievous bodily injury .... and should be prosecuted as such.  Perhaps after a few teens go to jail for this crap, the word will get out and they will stop.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:18 pm »
Darwin was an optimist.

Darwin was wrong.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 04:29:54 pm »
It's always something.
Teen critically injured after trying viral ‘KiKi Challenge’
By Jackie Salo
July 31, 2018

A failed attempt at the viral craze known as the “KiKi Challenge” landed a teen girl in the intensive care unit.

Anna Worden, 18, was critically injured last week when she jumped out of her car in Bettendorf, Iowa, to record the dance challenge, news station WQAD reported.

The challenge, which has taken off on social media, dares people to get out of moving vehicles and perform choreographed dance moves to the Drake song “In My Feelings.”  ...

“The last thing I remember was opening the door,” Worden said. “So apparently I got out and tripped and fell and hit my head.”

Emergency responders rushed the unconscious teen to a local hospital, where doctors determined she was critically injured. She was then airlifted to a medical center in Iowa City with a fracture in her skull, blood clots in her ears and bleeding in her brain, WQAD reported.  ...
NY Post

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 07:53:22 am »
I'd prefer this challenge ... at least the idiots wouldn't be harming a sleeping boy.
I really can't say I like the idea of inflicting the trauma on some unsuspecting driver, nor the possible loss of their means of making a living for some trucker over someone else's stupidity.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis